Ok have y'all ever seen that show on the Food Network called 'Semi-Homemade' with Sandra Lee? Well that is the kind of cook I am. I love making things homemade, but I also love using quick and easy shortcuts.
One of my faves is something I like to call 'Pumped Up Pancakes' - pumped up meaning they are pumped up with stuff that is good for you!
Here is what you will need:

I use traditional Bisquick pancake mix - most of the time I just double the recipe on the box.
Then I add - a large scoop of Vanilla Soy Protein powder
- a tablespoon or so of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed
Mix well then cook on a hot skillet.

These pancakes come out nice and thick and fluffy - I love me some thick, fluffy pancakes!!!!


I made these the other day on my birthday ... then ate them with some yummy butter and some of our freshly made strawberry jam - yummy!

Who needs syrup when they taste this good? ;)
1 comment:
I'm drooling over here! lol
Post a Comment