OK, moving on .... I got this recipe from a friend and was dying to try it. But my hubs doesn't like cream cheese and I knew it was too much to make for just myself and the kids. So when my brother, sister-in-law, niece and Mom were coming for lunch a couple weeks ago I was like 'ding-ding-ding-ding now I can try that recipe!'
{I have to say, it looks a little funky in the pic, maybe I should have rolled the crescent rolls flatter? But either way, no matter how it looks it was simply delish!}
INDULGENT, easy and DELISH!
2 packages cream cheese
1 1/2c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 pkg crescent rolls
2 tsp cinnamon
1 (WHOLE) stick butter (mmmmmm)
Press one package of crescent rolls into bottom of 9x12 baking dish.
Mix together cream cheese, 1 cup of the sugar and vanilla.
Spread mixture on top of rolls in pan.
Press 2nd package of rolls on top of mixture.
Mix together remaining 1/2c sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
Sprinkle on top of casserole.
Melt stick of butter and pour over top of entire casserole.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour. Serve while warm . We served it with sliced strawberries and some cool whip {although it certainly didn't need anything extra!}
There will be NO leftovers...
4 comments:
Yum! That sounds so good! I might make it for my family or when we have staff over. I can't eat it b/c of the wheat, but my family probably would love it.
Kelly A.
Oooo that is easy! Thx for sharing!
That sounds awesome!!! Our grocery store now carries crescent roll dough which are all one sheet. I forget what it' called but it's right beside the regular ones & just for things like this :)
Oh mercy, that sounds wonderful. Just read the recipe to Jonathan (who loves both cream cheese and crescent rolls) and we're both drooling.
Post a Comment