As Father's day approaches this Sunday two things come to mind. How thankful I am for my husband - the amazing Father of my children. And how much I love and miss my Dad.
My Dad was never one for a lot of fancy words. In fact I was listening to this song by Bucky Covington today and it reminded me of my Dad a lot. It talks of how his Dad didn't say 'I love you' much, but he was the one who would always go out and check the oil in the car, make sure the tires had enough air, etc... and how that was his way of showing how much he loved his son.
That is exactly how I feel about my Dad. Although he didn't always express himself with many words, I never doubted for a second that he loved me deeply. At my wedding reception, he surprised me and had a family friend sing the song 'Butterfly Kisses' to me. It was the first time I had ever heard it {it became very popular that year} and it made me and everyone else at the reception cry! It was such a sweet reminder of how much he loved me.
He died of leukemia 6 and a half years ago. One of the hardest things I still struggle with is wishing he was here to see my girls grow. I know how much he would have loved playing with them, teasing them, and being silly with them. I know it's silly, but I would also love to know that he's proud of me. That he is proud of the person I've become and the way I've raised my girls. I wish he could see the wonderful little ladies they are becoming.
Now my husband - I feel inadequate to fully put into words how grateful I am for him. He is patient, caring, understanding and kind. He works so incredibly hard for all of us. He helps me in a million ways - like doing laundry, dishes and yard work. He puts myself and the girls above his own wants and desires ALL the time. He spends a lot of time doing things with the girls - playing ball, watching sports, snuggling together, talking about their day, taking them on errands and lunch dates, etc. The girls adore him and he feels the same about them. The Lord blessed me BIG time when he gave me Bob. He is truly my best friend and soulmate.
The two videos below are for my two special men.
To my Daddy I miss you every day and thank you for all those years when you raised me and taught me and guided me so that I could be the person I am today.
To my husband, Bob; You are truly my best friend and I thank God for you every day. Happy Father's Day to the most amazing Daddy our girls could have ever hoped for.
And finally, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Father in law - I KNOW that Bob is the wonderful man he is today because of your influence in his life. You have always treated me like I was your own daughter and I love you!
Happy Father's Day to ALL the Dad's out there!!
1 comment:
Made me cry!!
Post a Comment