On Friday night my hubs and I took the girls to the drive in for the first time. Bob and I have not been to the drive in for years and the girls had never been.
We kept putting it off because it's a very late night and we wanted to make sure the girls were old enough to go and enjoy it. The drive in is about a 30-40 min drive from our house, the movie doesn't start till dark {around 9pm} , then they play a double feature {we only stayed for the first movie} , then you still have to drive home. Even watching only the first movie we didn't get home till 11:15. The youngest fell asleep on the way home!

The girls brought pillows, blankets and stuffed animals so they could snuggle in the back of our SUV to watch the movie.

We stopped at the Dollar Store on the way there to buy giant sized snacks for a fraction of the price they would charge at the theater. We also brought our own drinks. The only thing we bought there was popcorn, because you HAVE to have fresh, hot, buttery popcorn!

We saw the final Shrek movie - overall verdict - it was OK. I thought the earlier Shrek movies were better but of course this one was still funny.

It was a really fun, family night out and we can't wait to do it again!
I'm compiling a list of fun summer activities so we don't let the summer slip away and this was one of the things on my list -- more to come soon on our summer fun list!
3 comments:
That looks like such a fun family night! We have one here and I've been once or twice - definitely a unique experience.
I haven't done that since I was a kid. Great idea!!!
Wow! That brought back so many memories...there used to be a drive in right in Montville! I can't wait to see more of your fun list. Can't steal this one quite yet, but maybe in a few years I will be able to do the drive in with my little ones. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment