Friday, June 4, 2010

3 Recipes

I have 3 recipes to share today ~~ hope you enjoy!

First...
NO-BAKE PROTEIN BARS

2 cups oatmeal, uncooked
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
4 scoops protein powder, vanilla
1 TBSP ground flaxseed
1/2 cup water

1. Knead all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Line a square 9x9 baking pan with wax paper. Spread dough
into pan using spatula.
3. Freeze for 30 minutes
4. Remove from freezer , cut into bars.

makes 8 bars, 230 calories each, 15 grams protein, 21 grams carbs.
{Mine turned out a bit crumbly, I think next time I will increase the peanut butter to 3/4 of a cup or maybe even a full cup. My kids loved these, makes a great snack and the protein will hold you over until the next meal!}



Next, as a part of our History Class this year we decided to try a recipe from the colonial times ... Hasty Pudding!

I thought it tasted a lot like cream of wheat ... the girls took a few bites and said it was OK but weren't big fans of it overall. All in all we probably wouldn't make it again, but it was fun to try for the sake of 'school' work.


And finally ... last week I made Cinnamon Chips with Fruit Salsa and boy-oh-boy it is my new favorite snack! I saw the recipe on 2 different blogs on the same exact day {and these are not people who know each other!} so I figured it was a sign that I was meant to try making them! haha
I'll link you to the recipe because I didn't get a picture - but basically it takes about 15 min total for a really yummy snack. {Oh and word to the wise ... don't try to use the Low-Carb Wheat tortillas - just go for the regular ones, trust me they will taste better!}
Here is the recipe! Thanks to Sarah and Ashlee for both posting the recipe {and getting me hooked!}!


1 comment:

In Light of the Truth... said...

Isn't that fruit salsa AWESOME?! Glad you liked it! I think I'm going to make it next weekend for a big get-together!