It just goes to show that you should never listen to the weatherman ...
One late July day the weather forecast said rain and thunder was likely - but when I woke up and the sun was out I quickly called my friend Caroline and said 'forget the weatherman, let's go!' she was more than happy to agree! It ended up being a hazy, hot, humid July day with the sun blazing down on us ... I put aside my plans to clean the house and we jumped in the van in search of some fun, summer adventures.
First stop - the blueberry patch. Oh those gorgeous, juicy, large blue berries. They were delish! We picked and picked and picked until the sweat ran down our backs and we had a very large bagful of berries. I made the most delicious blueberry cobbler with some, gave some to my mother in law, and froze the rest - we will happily sip on fresh blueberry smoothies all winter long!


The girls and their friends were great little pickers - each filling their buckets with {almost} as many berries as they ate ...

Next stop - a farm where the sunflowers are in abundance and the ice cream is farm fresh.

Did I mention that the sunflowers are in abundance? As in acres, and acres and acres and acres of gorgeous sunflowers? They sell hayrides and bunches of flowers and all the proceeds go to the Make a Wish Foundation.

After the blueberries and sunflowers the ice cold ice cream was a very welcome treat! We had to eat it super fast before it melted all over our hands! Strawberry cheesecake is my favorite flavor at this particular farm ... oh I can taste it now!


Cleaning the house can wait - the choice was simple - what a beautiful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment