Every year I stand the girls on the porch and take photos of them on the first day of school. I print out a paper that says the year and what grade they are starting. We haven't started school yet for this year, so here are the photos we took the past two school years. {Poor joy had a terrible swollen eye in the first photo from a bug bite she'd gotten the night before!}
'Hope' is our nickname {for the sake of the blog} for our oldest daughter. She is almost 8 years old. She loves sports and being competitive - swimming, soccer, basketball, jumping rope, etc ... she loves to be outdoors and be active. She loves to read and zooms through book after book. She can be shy at times, but is mostly pretty outgoing and loves to be a 'ham' and do goofy things to make people laugh. She is kind and caring and someone who follows the rules to a tee. She used to be very strong willed and we used to have so many battles with each other but I have seen her grow in her relationship with the Lord SO much in the past year. She has become such a sweet girl who loves to please and rarely gives us any trouble.
We plan to start our school year next week - so make sure you check back for our first day of school photos!
3 comments:
So nice to meet you! We start our school year the day after labor day, so we have a few days of summer still left *whew* I need it! haha!
OH, we love so many of the same blogs, I see. :)
Beautiful girls. I love this idea of photographing them with the paper. I'm starting this tradition this year!
Cute girls!
Post a Comment