at Wellspring Academy ...
We have been learning about the Universe in our science co-op class ... so here is J coloring the planets while she looks them up in a reference book to see what colors they should be ...

We have also been learning about each of the 50 states ... H is coloring a picture of the state bird of Arizona, the Cactus Wren ... she looked it up in our 50 states book ...

These are the solar system mobiles that the girls completed, they show how far each planet it away from the sun ...


We talked about rhyming words today ... and came up with some lists of as many rhyming words as we could ... then the girls wrote a couple sentences of poetry using words that rhyme.

Then came the fun! Today was Friday and was raining and cool ... so after work was done I let them paint! A rare treat around here as I usually don't want to get into all the mess! They had so much fun creating!!

Old egg cartons make GREAT paint trays ... just throw 'em out when you're done!
2 comments:
You make homeschooling look like so much fun. Thanks for sharing your day!
I love the egg carton idea. Right now I'm using cheap ice trays that I have to clean. I'll be saving my egg cartons for this from now on. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment