Our completed Summer Reading List
I am so proud to share our completed summer reading list with you. I have to say that I was most impressed by my hubby and my daughter H this summer. I admit that I lacked in reading enough books to J (I know, I'm a bad Mom!) ... and also that although I had big intentions for all the books that I wanted to read - I just couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to get through that many!
We were so busy this summer, doing so many fun things, that by evening I was barely getting through one or two pages before I'd fall asleep!
Bob, on the other hand, suddenly became a reader this summer, and since he's a night owl anyway he was able to fly through 7 books since June!
H, my awesome little bookworm, sped through 20 chapter books this summer!!!!! 20!! Isn't she amazing?!
I only completed 3 books, and have 3 that are still ongoing. Oh well, I'm so proud of my family doing so well!
All together we read 48 books this summer. It's not even one per day when you break it down, but I still think that it's pretty good considering how busy we were! I'm going to post our list here and then start a new fall reading list. So keep watching for that!
Here is our complete list (Bob's books have a #, mine have ** and the rest were the girls choices.):
Summer Reading 2008
- # Gumbo Limbo by Tom Corcoran
- Schnitzel is Lost
- Who's Making that Mess?
- Junie B. Jones has a Peep in her Pocket
- Junie B. First Grader Boss of Lunch
- ** Like Dandelion Dust by Karen Kingsbury
- Junie B. First Grader Shipwreck
- Junie B. First Grader Boo and I mean it!
- A new Duck
- It's Not Easy Being a Bunny
- # Swine Not?
- # Sail
- # Step on a Crack
- # 4th of July
- # Beach Road
- # Uncas of the Mohegan-Pequot
- Midnight on the Moon from the M T series
- Sunset of the Sabertooth from the M T series
- Afternoon on the Amazon from the M T series
- Night of the Ninjas from the M T series
- ** The Postcard by Beverly Lewis
- The Moon Jumpers
- Mr. Peabody's Apples
- Junie B. First Grader One Man Band
- Junie B. Jones is a party animal
- Junie B. Jones is (almost) a flower girl
- **50 Veteran Homeschoolers Share ... Things We Wish We'd Known
- **On Every Side by Karen Kingsbury
- Junie B. Jones and that Meanie Jim's Birthday
- Junie B. Jones and the Yucky Blucky Fruitcake
- Pirates Past Noon from the M T series
- Mummies in the Morning from the M T series
- The Knight At Dawn from the M T series
- Dinosaurs Before Dark from the Magic treehouse series
- Amelia Bedelia
- Fidgety Fish
- Junie B. Jones has a Monster Under her Bed
- Ten Little Fish
- Stanley, Flat Again!
- **Coming Home by David Lewis
- Unicorn Wings
- The Crayon Box that Talked
- Frederick
- Moose's Loose Tooth
- One Hungry Cat
- Fancy Nancy at the Museum
- Junie B. Jones Loves Handsome Warren
- **The Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd
No comments:
Post a Comment