September is National Library Card Sign up Month.
Do you have your own library card? If you don't, you should visit your local library as soon as possible to obtain one! Even children as young as five can obtain their very own library card. It is a wonderful experience for kids to have their own card, pick out their own books, and check them out at the desk all by themselves. What a lesson in responsibility!!
When my oldest was five we couldn't wait to rush out and get her a library card of her very own. Somehow when the youngest turned five that milestone seemed to slip through the cracks and we totally forgot! So tomorrow I plan to take both girls to our local library. J will get her first card and we all will enjoy choosing some books to read.
I am seriously giddy with excitement! I love books, I love to read, and I love that my girls love it too! This may sound funny but it always amazes me that the library is FREE!! Such a wonderful resource to enjoy at no cost!
No comments:
Post a Comment