Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A wonderful Mother's Day

A few weeks ago I remember telling Bob that it didn't matter what he did for me for Mother's day, as long as he took some time to put some thought into it. I don't need expensive gifts, lavish dinners or huge bouquets, I simply want to feel remembered and honored. Maybe that sounds selfish, but that is how I feel.

Well my man delivered. In a big way. Apparently HE remembered a long ago conversation we'd had about video cameras. We talked about how we have all these beautiful photos of our girls, but no video of their childhood moments. (Well, we do have a very tiny amount of video that we took on my camera, but it's not much and there is no sound.)

So he remembered and he bought me an amazing video camcorder. (It's actually for both my birthday and Mother's day but that is fine with me!)

We had a wonderful day which started with plenty of sunshine. We went to church, then to a local state park for a picnic lunch with my in-laws, then we walked while the girls biked. H has just recently learned to ride a two wheeler and she did awesome. We got to try out the camcorder by taping the girls on their bikes. It was a bit cool and windy but all in all a beautiful day.

My Mom had been out of town but stopped by on her way home so we could wish her Happy Mother's day as well.

It was a simple, quiet, relaxing day. I will cherish it forever.

My most priceless gifts.
Robin and the girls with their bike helmets on.
Bob's Mom, me and the girls.

1 comment:

HopiQ said...

Happy Mother's Day!

It is the best job, isn't it?

Your blog is so pretty! Makes me want to spiff up mine. :)