Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Scrapbook pages

A few people have asked to see what I've been working on lately. Well, I can't say I've done much lately, but I am trying to work on my Florida album from our trip back in March. And NO, I'm not that caught up, just felt like skipping ahead to something that was fresh in my mind!

I have been trying to finish the pictures from this trip for over a month now ... and still have a ways to go ... but here are a few pages to start with.




When Stacey took these photos at Sea World she said "I bet these will be some of our favorite pictures" ... and I agree! I love the way the pages turned out and the way the kids are all mesmerized by watching the Shamu show!
I just wanted to add this last page to make a quick illustration. So many times I hear people say they aren't creative, or can't scrapbook as well as someone else. Well I think that's just crazy talk! This page is SO simple ... it's 4 pictures (not even cropped!) stuck on a piece of patterned paper, with a few small dots stuck on at the end. But it still looks good, right?

There have been times when I have browsed the Scrapbook magazines and thought "wow, I really have to go all out with the embellishments in order to make my pages look THAT good!" I have often thought that mine pages didn't look as great as the ones in the magazines because they weren't as elaborate. You know the ones, the pages that have only ONE picture on them, but a thousand other details all around the picture?? Well guess what ... I have WAY too many pictures and FAR too little time to bother with all of that! Sometimes I do try to fancy the pages up a little. And yes I still love those embellishments. But I am on a mission this year to get caught up ... so you will be seeing LOTS more of my simple pages in the future.

"It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful." ~~The Nester

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great Job Kathy! Your girls are really going to treasure those when they get older!!! :)

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

YOU are talented. Love the Mermaids page! :)