Friday, May 2, 2008

Do ya think I like to Scrap?

I just realized that I rarely ever post about scrapbooking, even though it is truly one of my passions in life. And no I don't have any fancy pages to show you today ... rather a small picture of my addiction!

Recently we removed the carpet from our living room, so in the process I had to move the bookshelf, and everything on it. I stacked all my scrapbooks in my room and realized that all together they were almost as tall as me!
Next on my addiction tour is this awesome little find, straight outta the 70's! I'm sure many of our Moms had one of these when we were growing up! It's an olive green, plastic, double decker lazy susan. wow that was a mouthful! I found it at the Goodwill for under 2 bucks and I think all my little embellishments just look adorable on it! don't you?
And finally, just to show that although I love memories and preserving them I refuse to be called a pack rat -- here is a stack of 3 years worth of scrapbook magazines -- that I just got rid of! For some odd reason I always thought I should keep them, just in case I ever needed a new idea. But I finally got smart and decided to pass them on to some friends. (I did however tear out a few pages that I thought I'd like to use in the future.)


Speaking of scrapbooking, I think I'll do some tonight! It's rainy and cold, Bob is at work, the girls would love to watch a movie tonight - it's perfect!! See ya later!

3 comments:

Merriann said...

Would you ever be willing to show some of your favorite pages and how you did them? Or any tips you could give to someone like myself who still wants to learn new ideas and styles?

Nancy said...

Hi Kathy~ What type of photo albums do you buy? Any in particular? I have a few CM ones, but they are so expensive to buy each time. Just curious. I was at the Christmas Tree Shop the other day and they have a ton of scrapbooking stuff! :) I love your blogs! Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Mary said...

I vote for pics of some of your fav pages too! Oh la la... that pile is wonderful! I wanna see!!