Thursday, January 10, 2013

Taking care of myself this year

so I am sort of lazy when it comes to all sorts of things that relate to taking care of myself.

I forget to floss ALL.THE.TIME.

I don’t wash my makeup off at night, way too often.

I loathe exercise.

I love krispy kremes Winking smile 

 

there are just so many unhealthy habits that I want NEED to break and work on this year.

it’s so easy to tell my kids they need to take care of their teeth or skin or bodies, so why don’t I follow my own advice?!

 

another thing I neglect is the way I look. don’t get me wrong, I DO like to dress up, put on makeup and look nice – but I just don’t make it a priority on a regular basis!

at home I’m happy in my sweat pants and slippers, ya know?

 

so this year I’ve decided I need to set a better example for my girls. I’m not saying I have to be vain or put beauty above all else. but I do need to take care of the body I’ve been given and that means even the little things like teeth and hair and such.

 

one thing I’m so bad about is scheduling regular haircuts. I’ll get a cute cut and then won’t make another appointment for MONTHS to the point that I look like a shaggy dog cause my cute cut has grown out all funky. my hair has had that shaggy feel for the past couple of weeks so today I made the time to go get a cut … and it feels SO much better!

 

BEFORE

IMG_0112IMG_0113

AFTER

IMG_0117IMG_0121

BEING SILLY Winking smile 

 

IMG_0124

 

IMG_0126

 

IMG_0133

 

IMG_0136

 

it’s definitely not a BIG change, but all that yucky bulk is gone and it looks and FEELS so much better!

 

another change this week is that I’m back to exercising again and back to using the myfitnesspal app. I got an iphone for Christmas {for the first time, yay me!} and having the app right on my phone is AWESOME and so easy for tracking my food and exercise.

I will be back to share more about all that soon.

but for now, have a wonderful day friends!

2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

You are so pretty!!!! Do I sound like I'm 5?! Lol But seriously!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Love the new haircut~so cute!! It suits you:) I am in desperate need of a haircut, too. I am TERRIBLE about not getting regular cuts/trims. I can get away with it more b/c I have long hair, but there IS a limit...haha I'm getting trimmed this weekend--yea!