It's been a GOOD week. Not easy, but good all the same. Here are a few of the 'little things' that are my faves from this week ...
1. Current fave snack:
French vanilla yogurt + ground flax seed + fresh strawberries
2. Fave puppy ...
isn't she the cutest? On the days I'm at home and hubby is working and kids are in school she is my faithful companion. I seriously find her doing the cutest things ALL.DAY.LONG. I know I take entirely too many photos of her but I can't help it!
3. Braiding Hope's hair ...
no I'm not super good at it, but she likes to have it braided at night so she'll have 'waves' for school the next day. I know she won't always want me to help with her hair so I cherish this time!
4. Crafting with my girlies.
Joy wanted to help make her own birthday party invites ... seriously love it when they do stamping and card making with me!
5. Sunshine!
The temps have been ABSOLUTLY FRIGID here this week ... but it's still been sunny every day which helps ease the sting of the cold just a bit.
6. My husband who works SO hard.
He has an outdoor job and there are times I simply can't imagine working outside, especially this week. But he does it every day and provides for us so well.
7. My eliptical machine.
I honestly was ready to sell it cause we rarely used it, but for the past few weeks I've decided it's worth keeping around. I get down there and usually do about 45 min which burns approximately 430+ calories. Best thing? Watching my fave shows on the DVR while I work out!
8. Cozy blankets and tea/coffee.
I have been just chilled to the bone this week so I've been consuming lots of coffee and tea. I also almost always have a cozy blanket on my lap! At bedtime I have a heated blanket that I use to warm up the bed before I climb in - seriously the best thing ever!
9. Finding awesome deals at Staples.
These Martha Stewart tags were only 50 cents per package! I will use them for scrapbooking. I had a staples reward certificate so I got these FREE plus I also got ...
10. 3 of these GLASS jars with red flip top ceramic lids
- get this, these beauties were ONE DOLLAR EACH! Also free with my staples reward certificate! I have no idea why they had them at Staples, but I love them and they look great filled with my tea bags!
11. My sweet little bean.
She's battled a cough all week but today she just looked worn out and was coughing so much so I kept her home from school. She is relaxing, watching TV and keeping warm. I think she just needs some extra rest. I'm not glad she's sick, but it's sorta nice to have her home and have an excuse to stay in for the whole day.
I'm linking up with Rachel at Finding Joy with my Friday Faves and with Lindsey at Hello Hue for The Little Things. Hop on over and check out their blogs ... =)


2 comments:
My hubby's job requires him to work outside a lot of the day (but not ALL day) and I am extra thankful for him when it is so cold like this week and when it is blazing hot in the summer. I honestly don't think I could do it! Happy Friday :)
I really need to shop at Staples more! On another note, I find your blog even more interesting now that I'm not keeping up on FB! haha!
That pic of B is hilarious! I had to show Jay!
Post a Comment