The past two weeks have been a couple of the most insanely busy weeks ever! I’ve hardly taken any photos, but figured I’d give you a little bit of an idea of what it was like…
2 full days of scrapbooking with my dear friend Julie
40+ scrapbook pages done
2 full days of sewing / prepping / last minute details to get ready for the craft show
1 night going to the car races to see Hope’s bestie sing the National Anthem
8 hours sitting in the extreme heat for the craft show – which even though it took me MONTHS to prepare for and even though I didn’t make much money, was still worthwhile because it was a great experience and I got to share it with my good friend Jen.
3 hours setting up at church for VBS
{10 awesome helpers to help me get it done!}
5 nights of Vacation Bible School
12 kids who made professions of faith {makes it all worthwhile!}
15 amazing helpers on my VBS team – I could not have done any of it without them!
1 lovely afternoon to enjoy a ‘date’ to the beach and for ice cream with my honey – a welcome time of rest in the midst of a busy week
10 – approximate meals on the run we’ve had this week
10 – approximate number of times we’ve had unhealthy treats in the past couple of weeks
11 – days I’ve had a yucky head cold
0 – days I’ve exercised in July/ Aug. {horrible, isn’t it???}
3-5 approximate number of pounds I’ve gained with all this unhealthy eating and non-exercising :( My own fault, I know … I guess it could be worse!
1 morning of picking blueberries
approx 6 pounds picked
1 blue Smurf movie attended
3 – old friends I got to visit with
2 of which I haven't seen in almost 10 years!
1 full day cleaning up my house which looked like a tornado had torn through
And after all of that …. I’m still smiling. Yes it was insanely crazy, but I’m sort of learning that summer is meant to be spontaneous and fun. Even though we have the Summer Fun List – we’ve only crossed off a few things from it. But we’ve done a TON of different, spontaneous things this summer that we didn’t even plan on. And I kinda like it! I’m not typically a spontaneous person, and during the school year I find we do better on a routine, but for summer – why not? But now that the two big things are done {the craft show and VBS} I finally feel like the month of August will be my chance to sit back, relax and just enjoy myself until we start school again. Now the only ‘task’ left is to choose and purchase our homeschool curriculum!
I will be back with more posts and pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment