Monday, April 11, 2011
Funk
I'm feeling like I'm in a big funk lately. Don't know what it is exactly. As someone who normally takes joy in many little things, instead I'm just finding myself dwelling on the things that aren't bringing me joy right now. I'm doing the Made To Crave Bible study by Lysa TerKeurst right now. I'm trying really hard. I have made some good changes and am seeing my heart change over this food issue. But this week - I hit a wall. Funk came in and whopped me upside the head big time. I lost my 'want to', lost my desire to exercise and felt myself wanting to splurge more and then feeling guilty when I did. Plus, I've been 'trying' to get rid of some extra pounds since January {of 2010!!} and am still seeing little to no progress. It's like it's all or nothing for me. I do it completely full force with NO treats, NO exceptions, NOTHING and I do OK - or I allow myself tiny treats and make NO progress. I know it's not an easy fix, but would like to see SOME results from my good efforts. And I know this sounds horrible - but when I see others have success after only changing small things like cutting out soda it just depresses me. I should be happy for their success but instead I feel cheated that I can't find that same success. I'm feeling in a funk with homeschooling. The girls drag their feet with school work lately. I can't find it in me to liven things up and find new ways to make things fun and interesting again. I'm feeling in a funk with my quiet time. I skip it too many days. I can't get excited about it many times. I'm feeling in a funk about spring. If you'd call it that! Even though the temps have been in the 50's lately it's still been very cold and windy. The girls have been outside A LOT lately but whenever they ask me to come out I go out and am chilled to the bone almost immediately. It makes me not want to be out there. I am tired of wearing layers upon layers just to go out to play or even to run or do outdoor workouts. I want to step outside and feel warm. I'm in a funk creatively. I love scrapbooking but haven't made time for it in ages. I tried to the other day. I ordered pictures, I had time on my hands one day, I sat down and felt so blah and had no inspiration to even do it. So there you have it. I'm in a funk. I'm sorry to unleash this venting on all of you - sometimes it's just nice to get it all out. I'm sure I'll get over things and move on soon enough. I know I'm blessed beyond words and that I have no reason or right to complain so forgive me for sounding like a whiny baby. I appreciate you taking the time to 'listen'. ****edited to add --- UGH, and I'm so sick of blogger messing up the spacing of my paragraphs! Seriously, this is so annoying. ***
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I feel like I have been in Funk, lately! I can't seem to get my act together ever since being sick. We still have snow on the ground and it is all mucky outside. I barely go outside b/c of all the muck. I HATE this time of the year.
Also, I understand about the whole weight thing. As you know I've been working out consistently for a long time. Well, I initially did lose weight, but it crept right back up there. When I went to the Dr's I was only 2 pounds lighter than 2 years ago when I didn't do any or pay that close attention to my diet! I feel frustrated. I know my body has changed, but for all this work you would think it would be drastic and it's not! I feel like giving up, but keep plugging away b/c I know it is good for me.
Hang in there! I know how tough it can be. Oh, and Spiritually, I've been struggling, too. I keep telling Keith how frustrated I am with my quiet time. I so want a deep, intimate, passionate relationship with our Father and it seems so out of reach!!! My prayer journal keeps asking for this over and over. I keep doing it b/c I know it isn't about my feelings, it is about being faithful and it will come, but some days I wonder why I bothered.
I hope it gets better and you warm up :).
Kelly
No need to apologize. I hear you and I understand.
Hugs.
Big Hugs.
(Would mint chocolate bars help or hurt?!!?)
I hear ya Kathy. I get in funks like that too... I'm sure we all do. But honestly, is everyone super happy and thankful ALL the time?! Maybe it's okay to just acknowledge that "I'm in a funk" and hope and pray you'll be out of it soon! Which is what you're doing, I'm sure.
Also something that helps me is going to help others - spending time with people who have needs.. needs for love, for food, or shelter, or whatever... it can make you feel useful, productive, purposeful... and gets the attention off of yourself and onto them.
Blessings. :)
Lindsay
Oh, friend! I'm so sorry to hear this and I just prayed for you. I've totally been where you're at - and it doesn't matter what happens or what people say, sometimes I just have to "ride it out" and it seems that the same might be true of you right now, too.
I know that (for *me*), trying to get "outside myself" and focus on other people often lifts me out of a fog. (Not that you're being selfish or anything like that at all; I'm just sharing for myself personally.) Often I find that in the process of focusing on others, I find my mind transformed as well.
Take heart - summer is coming and you will feel better about life very soon!
*hugs*
Post a Comment