
Can I get a
woot woot?! It's that time of year again! Time for
5 Minutes for Mom.com to host their annual Ultimate Blog Party! wooohooo!
Grab a cuppa joe and pull up a chair and let's chat!
Welcome to my little corner of bloggy land .... here in my happy little home I feel like I'm living 'Just Another Day in Paradise'. No, every day isn't perfect and life isn't always rosy - but I am blessed beyond words to live the life that I have, so to me, it IS paradise.

I am Kathy, a 34 year old Christian, wife and Mother. I grew up in Ontario but have been in Connecticut since I got married 14 years ago. I have grown to love New England {even the snow} and feel blessed to live in an area where we have the best of everything - not too far from big cities, but still sort of 'in the country', close to the ocean, but still not far from the mountains, changing seasons and tons of awesome history to experience firsthand. It really is a fantastic place to live!

This is my beautiful family! Bob is my husband and best friend. We met in Bible college and I have known him for half of my life. He really is my soul mate. My daughters are nicknamed Hope and Joy here on the blog. They are 9 and 8 years old. They can be the best of friends and the worst of enemies at times.

My family and I spend A LOT of time together. We homeschool our daughters and we just LOVE doing things together. We love to be outdoors - hiking, biking, letterboxing, playing ball, going to the beach, etc. Basically we just love to have fun!

We also have 2 girl dogs {yes, my hubby is SUPER outnumbered in our house!} ... Casey is our 12 yr old Yellow Lab and Gracie is our 1 yr old Brittany Spaniel mix. Aren't they cute?!

We have a small house, but over the past several years the Lord has really been working on my heart in the area of contentment. I have learned to love my home and have stopped wishing and wanting to move to a bigger house. BUT, I do love to decorate and change things often. I love the way a can of paint and some new fabrics can change the whole look of a room for very little money. I love to move furniture around and have changed the wall colors in most of my rooms at least 2-3 times since we moved here!

I have always loved being crafty. I have scrapbooked for years, began sewing as a teen and love to create new things. This year my goal is to open an etsy shop and sell things in a craft fair {or two!}. I have been accepted for my first craft fair and am getting my etsy shop ready to open. I have lots of fun things I'm busy making - below you'll see some fabric Bible covers I made for my daughters for Christmas.

I'm an avid reader ... just a couple of my fave authors are: Karen Kingsbury and Lisa Welchel. I sort of stalk Lisa Welchel a little ... I love all her books and when we went to Women of Faith last fall I was so awestruck to really see her in person! haha {I know, I'm such a dork!}
A few other random thoughts:
* I have the BEST friends ever. The totally rock. They make me laugh and encourage me when I need it.
* We go to an awesome church and have the most amazing community of believers there. I help serve on the MOMS ministry team and just love being a part of it!
* I'm trying to move towards healthy and clean eating. It's certainly a long, difficult process, but I'm getting there little by little.
hmmmm, I guess I could go on forever but I'll stop there! Hope to 'meet' lots of new friends through the Blog Party! If you want to link up and join the party just click on the Ultimate Blog Party button at the top of this post. =)
Have a blessed day! Happy Partying!
12 comments:
Nice to meet you from the UBP2011:).
ummmmm.....are your Bible covers going to be on the etsy site?! i love those! oh and when luke learns to jump (lol) we are totally taking a family photo like the one you guys did. it is awesome. :)
Beautiful photos!! Have a great time at the party and feel free to stop by my blog for a chance to win hair bows or Starbucks!
I do love the jumping family picture to! Great blog! Happy Hopping!
Hi Kathy!
Nice to "meet" you! I am linked up just above you at UBP 2011 and decided to hop on over to say Hi! Loved reading about you on this post and I love your blog background! It's so springy and all ready for Easter! That's so neat that you were able to see Lisa in person. I just read her book about parenting that I borrowed from a friend, but I can't even remember the name of it now!?! But, I bet you would know it! I enjoyed it! I love scrapbooking too and I made my first digital scrapbook through Piccaboo for a gift! It was so much fun and worth the money! Come on by to visit my corner in blog land! Join in on the No Ordinary Blog Hop I am co-hosting too! Details are at the end of each of my blog posts!
Have a blessed weekend!
Tracy at "A Slice of Smith Life"
http://www.asliceofsmithlife.blogspot.com
PS: I'm following you now on GFC! :)
Great to meet you! Your UBP post is perfect, and easy to read, I love all the pictures! Thanks for stopping by!
I love to move things around and have hubby paint as well! I adore your Bible covers, and I have been hunting around for a unique one ;)
Stopping by from UBP!
I grew up in CT and agree that it is the best place on earth...close to everything! I think New England is gorgeous and only wish it were a little cheaper to live here. :)
I love your blog. It's so pretty!
www.theblessedmom.com
Stopping by from the UBP. So nice to meet you and your family. What a nice and newsy intro.
I homeschooled my son. It's a great experience!
Cheers,
Tracy All Thumbs Crafts
Hi! Following you from
UBP! Hope you visit me
and return the follow!
:0)
Howdy!
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, Karen Kingsbury is my FAVORITE author too and I just finished Sunrise and I am on Summer now!!
I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL
Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:
So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!
Have a very blessed day!! :0)
Post a Comment