Thursday, April 30, 2009

Project Procrastinators Party April 30th-May 14th

My friend Shawna never ceases to challenge or inspire me and this week she did it again! From her blog: "Do you have a list a mile long of little projects that need to be finished up? Or even started AND finished?! I know I do! That is why this little "party" caught my eye! Anyone want to join me?"

Seriously, how did Shawna know that this was EXACTLY what I needed?! I DO have a list a mile long of projects - many of them that were started and are still unfinished. And this time of year I always get the itch to finish them all so that I can spend all summer long enjoying my house, my family, my friends and my yard with no worries about that silly wall I meant to paint last winter!


Here is a snippet from the host, Melissa at Inspired Room:

PROJECT PROCRASTINATORS PARTY
APRIL 30 - May 14

I’m inviting you all over to share in my misery joy! And if you all want to join me in getting started on that project YOU are procrastinating on, I’ll give you moral support right back. I’ll put a special Mr. Linky out so we can declare to the world what our Procrastination Project is and then two weeks later on May 14 we’ll have Mr. Linky back so we can show off our accomplishments (however small they might be).

Even if we don’t finish, we’ll be farther along than if we hadn’t started, right?

APRIL 30, READY SET GO!

SO, because I'm such a procrastinator I don't even have BEFORE photos for this challenge. But I DO have a nice long list to share! And I promise to take photos as I'm working on each project. I've set myself up with quite a hefty task for these next 2 weeks - we have SO much going on in our lives, plus I'm now going to add a big list of projects. But if I don't set the bar high I know I will waste my time and not get enough done. Plus, I've also been feeling bad lately about spending so much time on the computer - so this is a great way to keep me busy and keep me off the computer. So if you don't hear much from me don't panic ... I'm still here, just getting a lot done. And I'll be back to post photos and all my completed projects.

OK here goes!!!

* Finish painting garden fence and install it

* Put together presentation board for science class

* Finish priming kitchen walls

* Paint kitchen walls

* Take {all my old junk} stuff to Goodwill {which will make my closets much cleaner - bonus!}

* Plant bulbs in the garden

* Hang white cabinet in bathroom

* Bring finished curtains to church

* Hang stuff in master bedroom

* Clean out girls closet/toys and donate stuff

* Put away all Easter decor and put out summer stuff

It's funny, the more I sit and think about what needs to get done, the more items I keep adding to my list! I do have even more tasks to complete - but for now I think I've given myself quite a big list. So I hope some of you will join the fun and stay tuned for the results in a couple weeks!


3 comments:

Shawna said...

Haha! You are too sweet!

Would you like to know that I almost took down that post on my blog today? ;) We decided to list our house and so my procrastinators list is so not full of all the "fun" projects I wanted to do! But I do have a list, and a May 15th listing deadline. We'll see how I do.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That's a lot of projects for two weeks! You are going to be one busy lady! Good luck with all you want to do!

Manuela

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Wow! That is some list. If you get everything done in 2 weeks I will be in awe of you. You will be my mentor. Good luck!