I had the wonderful opportunity to go to Florida a couple weeks ago to visit my friends who live down there. It was an all girls weekend - no kids, no hubbies, no responsibilities ... just all fun, girly stuff!
We started off by going out to lunch, then to get Starbucks and pedicures .... then back to Sarah's house where we spent the rest of the weekend scrapbooking, talking, laughing, eating, encouraging, sharing, etc ...
It was a wonderful break and I came home feeling so encouraged. We talked for a long time about our spiritual lives, homeschooling, parenting and all other topics under the sun. I love to spend time with other Moms who inspire and encourage me in every aspect of my life - and I'm truly blessed to have many, many friends in my life who do that.
Here are some fun pictures from our weekend ...
Friday night we had Mexican food and Margaritas!

Our large scrapbook area ...

I got to meet Sarah's sweet little Marissa for the first time! What a little doll baby!

We ate at the Melting Pot and this was the dessert tray ... looks good, right? Well you also dip all those wonderful things into chocolate fondue!

Myself and Sarah ...

Sarah and her friend that lives nearby, Alicia ...

Sarah's sister, Rachel and Angela ...

Our little group at the restaurant ...

Sarah lives right across the street from the beach ...

Angela and I took a walk on the beach and took some pics together ...


It was so nice to have a break from the cold weather!

Beautiful Hibiscus!

My trip ended with me getting the stomach bug. It was awful and the trip home {on an airplane, while feeling sick} was terrible. But the weekend was so wonderful up until that point, so it was all worth it! Wonderful friends, wonderful memories!
2 comments:
Oh how fun. What a blessing those kind of trips are!! Kathy you look great! That Weight Watchers thing is really working for you!!!
Looks like such a fun weekend!
The fondue looks delicious too; I've always wanted to try the Melting Pot.
Post a Comment