Today I was so fortunate to find 3 that I really loved at a local store - they each only cost me about $10!
So I brought them home, shined them up and put them up on the bookshelf ... but now I'm wondering ... what should I put in them? In the summer I plan to fill them with shells, around Easter I'll add some eggs and such - but what to do for right now? I need your help bloggy world! Help give me some ideas!!
I filled them temporarily with a few things - I do love the ceramic balls I put in the largest one - those were a dollar each at the same store where I got the jars. But I'm not crazy about the marbles or flowers in the other two.
Also, I apologize for my lack of good photography skills - and the dirty mirror in the background!
So let's hear your ideas!!!!!
2 comments:
Oh, I love apothecary jars (and hurricane candle holders, too!) I love the idea of a nest in one! I'm thinking twiggy balls (or twigs from outside), fabric strip balls (just tear strips of fabric and wrap around styrofoam balls), fruit (love the look of lemons), corks, sprigs of lavender, buttons (wouldn't white be pretty?)...I just googled apothecary jars and checked out images. Lots of great ideas there! I love the look of tiny pumpkins for autumn and ornaments for Christmas. What a versatile decoration. Definitely worth the $. Have fun! (Now I need to go get some for myself...I passed by a phenomenal deal for a set of three a few months back due to moving.)
I realized after I commented on your facebook the other night that I do have one apothecary jar - although it's kinda round and squat-shaped, and not as elegant! Lol but it was 25 cents at a church rummage sale! I fill mine with mini pumpkins and gourds at Thanksgiving (from Michael's) Christmas ball ornaments, and now it has little mini lemons in it (also from Michaels, I think). I like changing it with the seasons. I just want MORE! :)
Post a Comment