Lucky for me, the girls had made this yummy gingerbread cake the day before - I warmed it, topped it with some whip and a strawberry and enjoyed it thoroughly with my hot coffee. AAAHHHH ... the perfect afternoon pick me up!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Afternoon Pick-me-up
Tuesday afternoon we came home from science class, ate a quick lunch, and then I quickly collapsed on the couch for a lovely afternoon snooze. It didn't last long, but it was so wonderful to put my feet up, snuggle up with a warm blanket and just relax for a little while. The busy-ness of the past week finally caught up with me and I was simply exhausted. After snoozing for a short while I woke up with a desire for something sweet and a hot cuppa joe.
Lucky for me, the girls had made this yummy gingerbread cake the day before - I warmed it, topped it with some whip and a strawberry and enjoyed it thoroughly with my hot coffee. AAAHHHH ... the perfect afternoon pick me up!
Lucky for me, the girls had made this yummy gingerbread cake the day before - I warmed it, topped it with some whip and a strawberry and enjoyed it thoroughly with my hot coffee. AAAHHHH ... the perfect afternoon pick me up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think we need the recipe for that gingerbreak cake! :) Sounds like something my hubby would like.
Post a Comment