H just turned 7. She looks like her Daddy, but shares a lot of my personality traits (the good and the bad!). She is very smart and catches on to new concepts well. She has an amazing memory for things that happened in the past. She loves to read and flies through chapter books at an alarming speed. She is an athletic girl who loves to participate in sports and games. I sometimes joke that she has a split personality because when she' s happy she's the most vibrant, upbeat person I know - but when she's mad or upset about something it' s like the whole world is coming to an end and she wants the whole world to know about it. =) She accepted Jesus as her Savior last Christmas and has already shown growth in her relationship with the Lord. She shares her faith with anyone she comes in contact with and has a real passion for being a Christian. She loves music and is just getting started with learning the piano. She also loves to sing - whenever we're in the car it's always her and I that are belting out the praise songs!
J will be 6 in just a few months. People have said that she looks just like me. As far as personality, well she's what we call our free spirit. We're not sure who she takes after because none of us are of that personality! She is shy in most situations until she gets comfortable. She's a Mama's girl and she loves to come curl up and snuggle with me. (Which of course I never mind!) She loves to do anything that her big sis can do. She's very easygoing about most of life - not caring what she wears or where we go or what the plans for the day are - she just goes with the flow most of the time. She doesn't usually get a bad attitude - but she does get emotional. If her water spills and gets her shirt wet she cries. If she's fighting with Haley over a toy she cries. If I ask her to clean up and she doesn't want to she cries. Luckily she is always easily calmed down and as soon as we explain the situation to her she is usually fine again. She loves to dance and sing and perform. And she has the most bubbly, infectious laughter of anyone I know. Although it seems like most of the time she's not listening to you or paying attention to you, she has an amazing ability to retain information. When we play the Memory game and she's looking all around the room, not paying attention - she will suddenly start flipping over the cards and getting matches every time! She's very smart too - she just has a different way of learning things.
I am so thankful that the Lord chose to bless us with these two bright, beautiful, healthy little girls. They truly bring so much sunshine to every area of our lives. Their laughter and smiles and yes even their tears - all add so much life to our home each and every day. I have learned so much about myself since having kids. I'm not nearly as patient or compassionate as I once thought I was! But at the same time I'm more willing to speak up for my kids and protect them in every way I can. I really feel like I'm a different person now than I was before having kids. And it's in a good way. Before I was so selfish and self absorbed. (Still am, sometimes!) But now I have other who rely on me and look up to me.
Proverbs 127:3 says "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him." I am so thankful that the Lord has chosen to 'reward' us with these two precious jewels.
2 comments:
Awww another super sweet post!
Beautiful thoughts, Kathy! Your girls are darling. Thanks for the reminder to TREASURE these precious days of motherhood!!
Post a Comment