Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This CVS thing

I am slowly getting the hang of this CVS thing. I have been scoping the flyers each week, cutting coupons out like a crazy woman, and taking my time browsing the aisles while I add up my totals over and over again - trying to make sure I'm getting the best deal.

I'm still not as good as some other CVSers that I know of who are getting things almost free (still haven't quite figured out how to do that!) but I am happy about the savings I'm getting.

I have been in desperate need of a new swiffer mop since mine has been broken for awhile ... so this was a great week - I got the starter kit which included the mop, a HUGE pack of wet refills and a FREE duster starter kit. ( I already have a duster but the kids like to help!) All of this was $15 and I got $5 in extra care bucks!!!

Here was my cereal deal (my kids go through cereal SO fast)... 2 big boxes for $4 - the boxes are normally $4.39 each! (I probably should have scoped the net for some cereal coupons which would have made this even cheaper but I forgot.)

And even though we never get trick or treaters here and won't even be home I thought I'd pick up some candy just for those special times when I have a major craving or the kids have been really good ... I got both big bags for $2
If you do the CVS thing and have some hints you'd like to share with me so I can get even better steals (I mean deals) ... please feel free to leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks!

2 comments:

Shawna said...

I do the cvs thing! Love it! It has been almost 2 yrs now, and really I hardly ever spend any $$ on household items. Do you guys have walgreens?

I follow the blog:

www.moneysavingmom.com

She is the girl who taught my friend and I how to coupon.

Let me know if you have any q's!

Christina said...

I also follow Money Saving Mom and I've been having fun with the CVS thing. I mostly get toiletries and cleaning products, medicines, and candy, but I'd like to explore the grocery end a little more. I got 4 All Small & Mighty detergents last week for $5!
By the way, I'm interested in your MIL's snack ideas. We are in a rut around here. Is it e-mailable?
Christina