Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Story Teller's Club

OK, by now you've had the chance to check out my recent scrapbook layouts on the previous post. Well all except the first one were made by products from a company called Story Teller's club. Now, before I go any further I just want to say that this is going to start to sound like an infomercial, and for that I apologize ... but I get nothing for telling you about this company - I'm just really super excited about it and want to share the news!

So I saw the ST booth at the CKC (Creating Keepsakes Convention) that I went to this weekend in Hartford. I loved their layouts and the colors they use ... in fact my friend Carol said "that looks like a total Kathy layout!" BUT I found out that they were a monthly club and said no way, I'm not joining a club!

THEN I took a class that was put together by the ST company. The class was AMAZING! I loved it, I loved the products and I was totally hooked. The class was called "Who says Easy needs to look Easy?" That totally embraces what they're all about ... their layouts are gorgeous and everything matches and co-ordinates, and it's SO easy and simple but the finished pages look so gorgeous that people think you've spent hours working on them! (Those 4 I showed below took less than an hour.)

After the class (and asking TONS of questions about the details) I did end up signing up for the club. What happens is every month they send you a new kit which includes papers and beautiful punch outs (like stickers but without the adhesive) that will help you complete 4 layouts ... actually being the cheapskate that I am I KNOW I can stretch those products to make TWICE as many layouts!

This company also impressed me because you're completely in control of your shipments ... example: if you get behind or just don't think you need a shipment this month - you can put your account on HOLD for up to 3 months! Still behind after the 3 months is up? Put in on hold again! You can also cancel the club at any time - there is no minimum and you have no commitment to them.

PLUS, this is a biggie ... if they send you a piece of paper that you don't like - say for October they send something spooky and Halloweenish and you just know there is NO way you will ever use it ... you SEND IT BACK and they will let you choose something else to replace it! This applies to everything they send you ... and you don't have to send the whole kit back, just whatever you don't like! You are in total control.

Now, this is the part I love the most. I love cute little fancy embellishments ... ribbons, brads, metals, etc ... but they are expensive and they are so time consuming!! So here I have zoomed in on a couple of the pages from below ... notice that these pages APPEAR to have all sorts of fancy extras like ribbon, string, flowers, brads, buttons, multiple layers of papers .... well guess what? They don't! That is the way the punch outs are printed! They look all fancy and all you have to do is punch them out, add adhesive to the back and stick it on the paper! I love it!


So yes I did sign up for the club ... and because I did that I'm going to be a good little girl and try to not buy other scrapbook supplies because I know I'll have a shipment coming each month from ST club ... and really, it's not very expensive. It's very reasonable. And I won't post the details here simply because I don't like to talk finances unless I need to ... but if you really have a serious interest in it let me know and I'd be glad to tell you more - like I said before, there's nothing in it for me - I'm just in love with the products!

My thought is that this could help me get caught up! I'm still 2 years behind with my scrap booking and would someday like to get caught up - so with these quick and simple layouts I'm hoping I can do that. AND for signing up I got 7 FREE page kits ... plus I got 4 page kits in class and 2 in a giveaway ... so I came home with 13 page kits just to get me started!! (without spending a dime yet!)

Anyway, enough of my rambling, enough of my cheesy infomercial voice ... the next post you see from me will be plain ol' Kathy again ... =D

1 comment:

Mary said...

I love infomercials. That's how I get some good ideas so share on girl!