I have a confession to make. I was a real grump today. I was not a good Mommy today. I was not even a good wife today. And I was certainly not a good follower of Christ today.
I don't know what my problem was.
It could have been the mouse I saw scurry through the living room last night.
It could have been that I am frustrated lately that everything costs so much and I constantly feel the pressure of trying to save money for the family.
It could be that I'm tired of my house always looking like a crazy mess because we homeschool and we 'live' in our house every day - day in and day out.
It could be that I sometimes put too much pressure on myself as the girls teacher - and that I'm so afraid of screwing things up and what if J never learns to read and they both fall behind their peers?
It could be that even though I adore my kids and don't mind being with them ALL the time, sometimes I really do just need a few moments to myself.
It could be that I always feel busy, like there's never enough time to get it all done and I always feel like I'm running, running, running. (And wasting time writing on my blog doesn't help with prioritizing my time!)
It could be that I'm human and sometimes I lose my patience and put too much pressure on myself and expect too much of my kids and need to face the reality of life which is - no one is perfect! No one has it all together all the time.
So where does that leave me? Well thankfully my kids will forgive me, my hubby will forgive me (not that I did anything mean to him today but he knew I was grumpy), and my heavenly Father will forgive me. Thank you God that you love me still. Even through the grumpy days.
4 comments:
AMEN!
I'm with you today Kathy! Add 2 grumpy, sick kids, extra doctor and therapy appointments on top of a messy (and germ-contaminated) house and it's a recipe for a very grumpy house.Thankfully, I have a short break tomorrow to go to a card-making party! I'm so looking forward to my "alone" time! I hope you have a better weekend!
Christina
I'm with ya on that one. Grateful for a FORGIVING heavenly father.
I definitely had one of those days yesterday. How refreshing to read your blog and to see that I am normal! I definitely put too much pressure on myself, esp. in regards to parenting, and that tends to overwhelm me easily. And you're so right. All we can do after a grumpy day is to get up, ask for forgiveness and start anew. God truly is amazing.
Post a Comment