Friday, October 24, 2008

My week - day two

Day two - Tuesday. Typically on Tuesdays we go to our homeschool science co-op class in the morning. There are 12 kids between kindergarten and 3rd grade. This month the kids are learning about 'weather'.

Here is J holding the flag for the Pledge of Allegiance and the Star Spangled Banner.

Here are both girls working hard! In front of H is a galileo thermometer and a barometer - very cool! (Hopefully I got the names of those correct!)
After class the kids get to horse around on the playground for a little while ...
Most Tuesday afternoons my Mother in law and Father in law take care of the girls. My Father in law usually does his art lesson with them on this day. Often times they also go to the library, go out for a walk, do arts and crafts, play games, etc ... my MIL is a preschool teacher and has tons of wonderful ways to keep little girls happy and busy all afternoon!

This is also a wonderful chance for me to 'get caught up' on things. I usually do my groceries and any other errands on this day. I also usually spend some time with hubby since he doesn't leave for work till evening. It's a great day to get some things done.

This particular Tuesday it was my co-worker's birthday. So after dropping the girls off with my MIL I went to the flower shop where I work. I don't work very much, but I love the people I work with. So it was Wayne's birthday and we all went in to work to give him a cake, card and gift.
After eating all that cake I felt really guilty ... so I met hubby at home and together we went to a local park for a walk/run. I love using my little timer when I exercise.

While we were out we picked up a new canister for my coffee maker - I can't live without my coffee and really needed one since mine had broken!
Then I made a yummy chicken parm with pasta and salad for Bob and I for dinner. It's kind of nice to have a quiet dinner together on Tuesday nights ... even if we do eat while watching the news!
After dinner the girls come home and get tucked in to bed. Hubby goes off to work and I face the laundry monster - the loads and loads of clean, unfolded laundry that I have let build up for days.
The only thing that gets me through it is watching my favorite show while I fold - Dancing with the Stars.
And finally I can go to bed ...

No comments: