When I went to CKC a few weeks ago my friend Carol took this really cool class called "A peek into my week." It was all about the day to day happenings that you might never normally scrapbook about. I also took a class that was all about journaling - how important it is to get your thoughts down on paper for the future generations to see. Both classes made me think about recording my daily life for a whole week. After all, my kids and/or grandkids may want to see what a typical week was like for me when I was 32 years old. (Actually we NEVER have a typical week, something always changes or comes up, but at least you'll get the idea!)
So here it is - day one - Monday. Typically we use Mondays as our field trip/family day. We almost always try to do something that is physical too so that we're getting some exercise in. We do this because Bob has Mondays off - so instead of sitting down with schoolwork we decide to spend the time together.
This particular Monday we went to a state park for a fall hike. It was a gorgeous, cool day. We ended up hiking further than we planned and even got stuck coming down a very steep and scary hill. It was very nerve racking trying to get the girls down safely!





After hiking we had to pick up some groceries at the store ... I put them away and straightened up the house while Bob and the girls went on yet another adventure in the woods behind our house. I can't believe they still had energy after the first hike!

We had some free passes for a buffet restaurant so we decided that free dinner out is always good and went there for dinner that night. H loaded up her plate with all sorts of stuff before realizing that one thing she had chosen had squid in it! She was disgusted when she found that out!

The best part?? The dessert bar! All you can eat dessert! Doesn't get any better than that!

Back at home we all got cozy and then played some UNO and some Jenga together ... all in all it was a great field day/ family day!

2 comments:
I loved the peek into your week! I also like the idea of chronicling the every-day occurences for future generations. When I really consider what has happened throughout each day, I realize I have so much to thank the Lord for!!!
This was fun! I like the idea, I should try this, but would forget to bring my camera, you know me.
Post a Comment