Tuesday, October 14, 2008

CKC!

A couple weekends ago I went to my first Creating Keepsakes Convention. It was so much fun! I can't wait to go again! We took classes about different scrapbooking techniques, shopped to our hearts galore, had LOTS of yummy Starbucks lattes, stayed in the gorgeous Marriott hotel, went out for awesome Mexican food one night and just had a really great time!

I went with two alumni from the Bible college I attended. One was Carol (aka Mrs. Potato Head or MPH) and the other was Susie (aka Shoesie). I had met Carol last summer, but it was my first time meeting Susie, she came all the way from Washington state to go to CKC with us! Wow!

Here are some photos of our fun weekend ....

Vendor fair ... a scrapbookers paradise!!!!!
This was my favorite!!! I texted the photo to Bob but I don't think he thought it was all that funny! (I was a good little girl and stuck to my budget!)
Marriott Hotel (we were on the 12th floor)

Can you tell how giddy with excitement I am? This was just as we sat down at our first class ...

um hum, I love me some pumpkin spice lattes ...
Back at my house ... the girls stayed overnight, then attended church with us the next morning before heading for home ... we are each holding up our nicknames (Shoesie, KitKat and Mrs. Potato Head)
What a blessing to share this experience with these wonderful sisters in Christ!

5 comments:

Jason, Angie and Brady said...

I am so jealous! Glad you had a great time with the 80's kids!

HopiQ said...

Oooohhh!!! Too much fun!!! Looks like a great time!

Cass said...

What a fantastically fun girls time out ... jealous! And with Shoesie and MPH too!

Sandra said...

I love the pic with you guys holding up your nicknames.

Susie said...

It was a blast! Thanks Kathy for your wonderful hospitality! It was so neat to meet you in person!

P.S. Can you e-mail me the last 2 pictures?