I remember H the second year, now about 2 yrs old, and she could already answer most of the questions and basically 'tell' the story with Grandma. Grandma would say, "H what happened when Joseph and Mary came to Bethlehem and knocked on the innkeepers door? What did the innkeeper say?" And H would know and would say "There's no room at the inn, but you can use my barn if you want." It was amazing how quickly she picked up on the story and even at that young age knew that Christmas was about Jesus birthday.
We also celebrate with decorations, party hats, and of course birthday cake for Jesus. Then we go to our church for the Christmas Eve service. It's one of my favorite traditions, and one that I hope we continue year after year.
I wanted to share a couple of pictures. Here are the girls singing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star ...wise men traveled from afar" with Grandma.
2 comments:
Great ideas! Your girls are adorable--I can't wait to do all this with Katie!
I love reading your blog...now you have been carded. Go to my blog and find out about it.
Post a Comment