Thursday, December 20, 2007

If you are reading my blog today...

Please pray for the Skees family. I have never met them, but found out about them through another blogging friend. Their little girl Ellie (8 years old) just died last night of cancer that she has been battling for over a year now.

I can't even fathom the loss of a child in this way, let alone the thought of planning a funeral and trying to celebrate Christmas in just a few short days. I can imagine this time of year will always be bittersweet for them in every year to come.

As her blog says "Ellie is dancing in heaven right now!" Praise God for that! She is now pain free!

You can visit their blog here if you wish to read more or leave your own comment.

"But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments: