Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I've been carded.

My dear friend Pauleen has "carded" me, not sure exactly what that means, but I received these instructions so here goes!

Here are the rules:

1. Each player starts with 5 gifts that they would want for the New Year. Following Pauleen's example I did more than 5 but I think that's OK. :)
2. People who are “CARDED” need to write their own Blog about their 5 things & post these rules.
3. At the end of your Blog, you need to choose 5 people to get “CARDED” and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a COMMENT telling them they’re “CARDED”, and to read your Blog.

Spiritual Needs

*To be diligent with spending time in the Word. (me too Pauleen!)
*To spend time in prayer - specifically for my hubby and children.
*To set a better example for my kids by having daily 'quiet' time with God.
*To set a better example of Christlikeness by not losing my patience and yelling so much.
*To follow the Holy Spirit's leading in where I should be serving in the church.

Physical needs (as in my body)

*To be disciplined to eat right.
*To be disciplined to exercise.
*To set a good example of health for my kids.
*To go to bed early instead of staying up too late.
*To not give in to junk food just because it's quick and easy.

Fun needs

*To read through all the books I want to read.
*To catch up on my scrapbooking.
*To keep in touch better with my friends and family.
*To have more date nights with hubby.
*To have more fun with the kids.

You know it's funny ... as I read through this list of 'wants' ... it's almost like my list of New Years resolutions!!!

So I guess these are the things I'm going to resolve for the New Year. And now I get to 'card' the following people ...

Mary N., Amy D., Nicki W., Lynn W. and Carol T.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Pauleen said...

I loved reading yours. I think it is neat that you added the fun needs- that was creative. Last night I was thinking - now that I've written this down (blogged it) I'm going to have some sort of accountability to do it. I hope that this is a special year for you guys.

Amy said...

Thanks for carding me. I enjoyed reading your lists! I've finally found some time to post my own! :-)

kbmama said...

Yikes, I better go check my blog, I'm glad I checked yours!
I was actually going to try and put a few of my own "want to do" things on my blog so I would see it and make me accountable. So thank you, I'll have to start working on that.
I just love your blog!!! You are so inspiring to me in so many ways. Thank you.