Yippeee! I love days like today! I rarely get snail mail, let alone any packages, unless it's something that I've ordered and was expecting. But today I came home to the surprise of TWO packages for ME!
The first one I knew was coming, from a sweet friend I've never met, but know from our alumni website. She gave me a water bath canner - can you believe she just GAVE it to me?? All I had to do was pay for the shipping. I'm so excited to get busy making some yummy apple butter and other canned goodies. Now you all know what you're getting for Christmas, right?! :)
The second package was a total surprise, of which I have one of my best friends to thank. Sarah has been telling me about this great homeschooling book the last time we talked on the phone, and today it arrived in the mail! YAY! What could be better than a great book from a great friend about a great subject?! Yes, today was indeed a great day! Sarah and Tali, if you are reading this post, thank you so much from the bottom of my heart!
2 comments:
Fun! Packages in the mail are awesome! That's what I loved about ordering our school materials on ebay - I'd get a package every day!!!
I've never heard of a water bath canner before - it sounds like something I don't have time for :)
ha ha! It's actually just a really big pot that you use to soak your jars of food in, it seals them properly for storage. It's not nearly as fancy as it sounds!
Post a Comment