Saturday, January 11, 2014

Swap with friends

My friend Mary started this group on Facebook a couple years ago ... it's called Another Person's Treasure. So basically you post things you want to get rid of and your local friends can take them off your hands. One man's junk is another man's treasure! So this past week she organized a Swap event. It was held in the gym at our church and everyone brought all their unwanted items and laid them out - then you could go around and 'shop' for FREE among the items the other ladies had brought. It was AWESOME! Not only did I get rid of about 5 bins FULL of my unwanted stuff ... but I came home with some really nice items too! 

Here is all my stuff ready to go into my car ... 

And here are some of my treasures - a food processor! Something I have wanted for a LONG time!
A towel holder for my downstairs bathroom, and a toothbrush holder. 


I picked up 4 of these flip-flop jewelry boxes that I figured the girls would enjoy painting one day with friends. 


My daughter LOVES cupcakes, I got her this to put on her dresser to hold jewelry or treasures. 
{She LOVED it!} 


3 picture frames, I always need more frames!


This beautiful clock ... this is my Mom's life verse so I am going to see if she wants this, if not I will keep it - it needs a new clock function but that is easy enough to replace! 


BRAND NEW candles, never even used! I can always use more of those. 


I use these little bins all the time for office supplies or craft supplies. They fit perfectly into drawers for easy organization. 


 A hot pink suitcase for my daughter, she was super excited about this!


A new game for the family and a brand new 1000 pc puzzle - would be great for a snow day! 


Brand new box of Biscotti, these will be great for coffee with friends!


At first I passed these by, but finally came back to them ... they will hold candles and go on the wall in my bedroom - romantic, huh? ;) 


This is a covered chip/dip holder ... I have another one of these and use it ALL the time when going to parties with friends. They also hold muffins, cupcakes or cookies really well. 


A whole stack of new-to-me books ... I LOVE to read and there were SO many books to pick through at this swap. 


These are hard to see but they are green envelopes with a slightly sparkly finish to them, I can use these when I make cards. 


Wedding table place cards ... got these for my Mom, not sure if she'll need them but they were free so hopefully she can use them!


A beautiful LOFT coat for me ... 


A long comfy sweater for me ... or maybe even my girls. 


This sweater is for me, I love short sleeve sweaters. 


Two sort of fancy shirts for my daughter. 


And a little sweater for my daughter to wear over a dress. 


And SIX beautiful summery dresses that I am hoping will fit one or both of my girls. It's SO hard to afford to keep up with buying them clothes and at this age we never get 'hand-me'downs' anymore ... so I was SO happy that this Mom from church who has 3 college age daughters was giving away some of their clothes!


I think that's all ... so many wonderful treasures, I am SO thankful! If you have a place to do this I would highly recommend getting together with friends and doing one of these swaps! {Side note, they did another one in the fall OUTDOORS at a local park - so you don't need a large gym to do this, just load up your cars and have a tailgate swap in the warmer weather!} Thanks Mary for all your hard work!!! 





1 comment:

Mary said...

I love seeing all the treasure's you got! You scored big time! So many generous people that is for sure!!! Glad you came and thanks for your stuff!!! hehe