Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Intentional in 2014

I know I haven't been the best blogger this year. Many times life has just been so busy that it's too hard to try to catch up on the blog. 

I've been thinking about the New Year and resolutions and changes and all that stuff. Most years I LOVE to make resolutions and some years I even make progress with them. 

This year I want things to be different. So instead of making a list of resolutions I'm simply choosing ONE WORD to describe the year. That word is INTENTIONAL. 

What does that look like as far as resolutions go? 

~~It means I want to be more intentional in my relationship with God and the amount of time I spend with Him. 

~~It means I want to be more intentional in the time I spend with my husband. Making time for him and time for US. 

~~It means I want to be more intentional with my girls - they are growing WAY too fast and I fear the time when they will be grown up and gone from our home. I want to enjoy the time I have them here. 

~~It means I want to be more intentional with my friends - spending time with them, keeping up with their lives, praying for them and encouraging them. 

~~It means I want to be more intentional with my health - not trying to fit in a certain size or get down to a certain weight - but making healthier choices each day. 

~~It means I want to be more intentional about the internet - I have so many hobbies I love {scrapbooking, reading, etc} that I never make time for - yet I waste so many hours on Facebook. I want to change that this year. 

So that is just a small summary of what I mean. I know it sounds like these things are just like resolutions but instead of setting myself up for goals that may or may not be attained, I feel it's better to just continually remind myself to be INTENTIONAL in everything I do. 

Happy New Year friends!! 


2 comments:

Mary said...

Agreed Kathy! I could have written this post myself. I feel the exact.same.way! *raises glass* To a more intentional 2014!

kbmama said...

Great post!!!!