Thursday, June 6, 2013

Life Lately 6/6

Life just feels too busy lately to put together full blog posts for each event so here's a quick recap in pictures of what we've been up to lately ...
 
I've been working like a mad dog trying to get my home and yard/gardens ready for summer. I love to have everything DONE before summer starts so we can use the time to relax. One area that had a major overhaul this year is this small patio - I call this my happy place and just love how it's turning out.
 
 
The POOL IS OPEN!


My sweet neighbor brought me some of her peonies! I LOVE them!

 
We've been watching these baby birds in our bush since we first spotted the nest with 4 eggs a few weeks ago ...

 
I painted and redecorated my oldest daughter's room ...

 
My big brother got married! So happy for him and thankful for my sweet new sis-in-law!

 
Over Memorial Day weekend we went to a fun BBQ and then overnight camping trip
{on an island!} so so so fun!



 
Enjoying the warm, sunny days ...

 
Last week {totally last minute} I scored some tickets to see Boys II Men, 98 Degrees and New Kids on the Block for just $5!! I was super stoked and had SUCH a fun night with my friend Mary.

 
{my fave, Joey}
 
Been having fun changing my nail color a lot lately ... loving the bright colors!


I went in the pool ... yep I did and it wasn't even June yet ... it was HOT and HUMID and the water temp had warmed up to almost 80 so I actually went in! {my girls were very excited} 

 
I helped at the flower shop this week - we made a huge cut out of the word 'Bally' that was going on a golf course and we covered the whole thing in thousands of red carnations - it came out really cool!

 
I adore my two freckle faces!!

 
Aldi had a great price AND 2 new flavors I had never tried - woohoo!

 
Cleaned out the pantry ... um yeah, 11 kinds of cereal and every morning they tell me there is nothing to eat?!?! Definitely going to make some krispy bars... SOON!

 
Mango/banana smoothies for after school ... mmmmmmm!


 

I'm really looking forward to a quiet weekend ... been awhile since we had nothing going on ... of course we MAY get hit by a tropical storm this weekend but as long as we don't lose power I'm OK with that! Have a great weekend my friends!!


 

1 comment:

Mary said...

That's a pretty awesome pic of Joey. hehehe... I should have put my watermark on them! That was fun! Thank you! And I made your blog! hahaha!