Let's talk about coffee, one of my favorite topics!
I wanted to share about my favorite way to make coffee in the summertime ... trust me you will NOT need to go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts when you can make it so good at home for a fraction of the cost!
My two favorite summer coffee flavors are Wild Mountain Blueberry and Island Coconut - both of these delicious flavors just scream summer to me. It's like summer in a cup! My favorite brand of coffee is Green Mountain, I've been a fan of theirs for many years and in the most recent years I've had a Keurig machine, so I buy their K-cups.
I know some people don't care for the Keurig machine but I personally LOVE mine - so easy to use, so quick and fresh anytime you want a cup.
Another favorite of mine is CoffeeMate creamers - I have been using them for YEARS and have tried just about every flavor they make. But recently a friend was challenging me to think about the ingredients in the creamer and asked me to think about using something with a little less fake junk. I agreed with her and AM trying to cut the extra 'stuff' out of my diet as much as possible - so I tried a couple different things and just found I was still missing the sweet, creaminess of my Coffeemate ... that's when I found this alternative - still creamy and sweet, still made by Coffeemate, but it's only got 3-4 ingredients! And they're things you can pronounce like sugar, cream and milk! Isn't that the best news?!?!
So, I think we've established that I LOVE my coffee and most of the year I brew and drink it HOT ... but come summertime I just can't bear to drink something hot when it's already so hot outside. So I switch to drinking ICED COFFEE for the summer months.
Here is my easy-peasy way to make a fantastic cup of iced coffee at home...
I use one of these large plastic tumblers that they seem to be selling EVERYWHERE lately! You can find them at Bed, Bath and Beyond, the Christmastree Shop, Home Goods, AC Moore - seriously, they're everywhere and usually less than $5.
So first I fill the cup to the top with ice. Then I add a packet of Truvia {my personal choice for sweetener but you could use sugar or skip it altogether}, then I choose a k-cup and brew it on the SMALLEST brew setting right over the ice ... brewing it on the small setting will give you a stronger cup of coffee which, when melting over the ice will make a perfect cup without melting the ice too much. Then I add as much creamer as I want to the top and stir it up ... perfection every time!
My favorite combos right now are the Blueberry Coffee with the Vanilla creamer
or the Island Coconut Coffee with the Sweet Cream creamer - YUM!!
Now, if you want to kick it up a notch with something a little yummier - try adding caramel or chocolate syrup or some whipped cream on top - tastes delicious - who needs Starbucks?!






1 comment:
Sounds yummy! We don't have a Keurig, but that blueberry coffee sure sounds good. Right now I'm addicted to the Cinnabon creamer that the other company makes (can't think of the brand right now:).
Post a Comment