WARNING WARNING - lots of pictures ahead! =)
So the past three days have been JAM PACKED with fun. I apologize in advance for the length of this blog post but here we go ...
Spring Break Stay-Cation Day THREE:
We had Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast, oh yes we did ... only on Spring Break, don'tcha know... *grin*
Monday morning the girls and I started out with heading out to a favorite local used bookstore. We brought in a boxful of books to sell and were given a $10 credit which was cool so we each picked out 3 or 4 new-to-us books to read.
After that we headed to a favorite local park. It's SUPER gorgeous, right on the ocean, with a huge old mansion that they rent out for weddings and such and lots of big, green, lush lawns to explore. We packed a picnic lunch and met some friends there. Hope brought her rollerblades, something she absolutely LOVES to do lately. Do not be deceived by her shorts and t-shirt though ... it was FREEZING that day and even in jeans and a sweatshirt I was shivering!
Some of our dear friends!!
The mansion ...
Beautiful daffodils in bloom!
There are all these cool gardens and gates and paths ... I snapped a few photos of my girls and some of their friends ...
And my two beautiful daughters!
Myself and Joy
Hope, rollerblading with a friend.
After that we took one of Joy's friends home with us so she could spend the night - but first we had to make a quick pitstop at my FAVE place ... Rita's!!! The Gelati is my absolute favorite and soooo delicious!
This pretty much says it all!
That night Hope went to the movies with friends and Joy had her friend sleep over. So we watched 'Diary of a Wimpy Kid' with them and had popcorn and treats.
Spring Break Stay-Cation Day FOUR:
We got up early and drove Joy's friend home. Then headed out to go to SIX FLAGS for the day! This year we decided to buy Season's Passes since it cost the same as a one day pass PLUS the girls are both big enough {and brave enough} to ride all the big rides with us.
We went with our good friends and their kids and it was a BLAST!
I have to tell ya ... when I was a kid I LOVED roller coasters and had NO fear. But the older I've gotten {and had kids} I get so scared, I'm such a wimp! So as we drove up there Tuesday morning my stomach was all jittery and feeling anxious but I also knew I wanted to conquer those fears and not let them hold me back this summer. If we were going to have season's passes I was going to enjoy them! Anyway ... we get there and start with a couple mild rides and then we're walking past this roller coaster that goes upside down and backwards and the line was SUPER short so my husband says 'let's go!' and right then and there I got my nerve up and did it! It was so fun and exhilarating!!
Here are the girls with their friends...
Here we are waiting to get on one of the mild coasters ...
My friend Lynn was VERY brave, she gets motion sickness but she tried 2 roller coasters! I don't know if she'll ever go on them again .... but ... she was brave for that one day! LOL
This girly of mine ... she wanted to play that game where you shoot baskets and it says 'one in wins' ... so she pays for 3 balls and she MAKES IT IN 2 out of 3 times!! hahaha ... we were so impressed! There was a crowd of boys about her age standing behind her and they looked pretty impressed too! Love it!
As the day wore on it got a bit cloudy and cool and even sprinkled a little. The lines were SO short, it was awesome cause most big coasters only had a 10-20 minute wait! I told my family, 'we have to take advantage of this cause the lines probably won't be this short all season!' so we ended up going on LOTS of very cool roller coasters.
But there was this one - Bizarro - that I just had SO much fear and anxiety about. It goes 77 miles per hour and has a 221 foot drop. I kept looking at that hill all day and thinking I want to conquer that ride but I'm SO afraid of that hill! So later in the day we walked by and wouldn't you know the line was only about 20 minutes long - I knew it was NOW OR NEVER for me as the lines are usually much longer. So only my husband, Hope and I were brave enough to try it, everyone else waited for us or rode other things. As the car got towards the top of the hill I felt so anxious about looking down so I literally closed my eyes and didn't open them until I felt us going back up the next hill! I also screamed my head off ALL DAY on the rides so I have a very sore throat and scratchy voice, even now two days later! But I was so happy that I conquered it and now I know I can do it again when we go back.
Anyway, moving on ... just before we were leaving for the day my husband decided to go on Downtime, it's one of those free fall things. He ended up going on about 3 times because there was no line. I wouldn't do it because that kind of thing messes with my stomach! LOL
Here he is before they started ...
And right as we went to leave the park after a long, fun, full day we saw Porky and his girlfriend and snapped a fun picture ...
On the way home we stopped at On The Border for dinner ... so good! What a crazy and fun day, we came home happy and exhausted and talking about when we'll go back up again ... =)
Only 4 days into vacation and still more fun to come ... stay tuned!

1 comment:
Is that Harkness? I have so many wonderful memories there!
And Rita's... we went to the one down here a few weeks ago. I haven't been since college, but it was as good as I remembered it! :)
Post a Comment