My family and I are staying home for spring break this week. So we wrote up a list of things we'd like to do to enjoy our 'stay-cation' ... here is what we've done so far on these first two days:
Spring break day ONE:
My girls hung out with some friends watching a movie while I went for a run with my friend. I ran FIVE WHOLE miles! This is the first time I've ever gone that far! That also made my total for the week 12 miles which is the most I've ever done.
After that, we ran home so I could shower, then headed to a birthday party for a couple hours. When we got home mid-afternoon it was kinda cold so we did an inside activity which was PAINTING! The girls got paint, canvases and easels for Christmas so we put them to good use. This is the picture I wanted to copy for my painting:
And here is my version with the inspiration photo below it:
Just mine:
{I TOTALLY forgot to take pics of the girls paintings!
I will do that later and update when I blog again!}
Then we ordered pizza for dinner and watched 'Parental Guidance' together,
it was a really good movie!
Spring Break Day TWO:
First we went to church this morning.
Then we picked up some grinders for lunch.
Then we went home, changed our clothes and picked up our bikes.
We rode 4 miles on this great trail near where we live.
Then we went to this great place that has delicious ice cream!
After that we came home and all of us helped cleaned our 2 vehicles inside and out. Then we did a little yard and garden clean up while the girls played in the woods. After that we started a campfire, our first for the year!! It was a little chilly, I had several layers AND a blanket on - but it was fun and we stayed out there until almost 9pm.
The girls had found some cool treasures in the woods including some glass bottles and colored glass.
This bottle was really neat, it said 'Star Water' on it and was really cool!
Anyway, that was day one and two ... stay tuned for the rest of our week!! =)
2 comments:
You are so talented...your painting came out beautiful. You should be proud. Looks like vacation is starting off good for you and the girls! Have a fun week.
Your painting is beautiful....you are very talented! You should be proud! Looks like school vacation week is starting off good....have a fun week.
Post a Comment