Friday, April 19, 2013

Stay-Cation Part THREE!!

Our weeklong staycation continued on Wednesday, otherwise known as
 
Spring Break Day FIVE:
 
We met some friends at the PEZ factory - it was SO cool! Our friends live in another area of the state and we don't get to see them often enough so we sort of met in the middle and had a nice time with them. PEZ was neat, it's a small, self-guided tour that shows you all about the history of the candy. They have a production room with viewing windows as well but they were only boxing candy, not making it the day we were there. And of course there is a souvenir shop area where you can purchase all kinds of neat PEZ candy stuff. If you decide to go, keep in mind it's VERY quick and simple - but I still thought it was fun.
 
 
 
It cost $5 for adults and $4 for kids and they give you a souvenir badge/lanyard thing to keep plus each guest gets a $2 credit to use in the shop. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that the prices weren't jacked up - most of the PEZ dispensers were around $2 or $4.
 
 
 
 
Look how many different PEZ they had!!!




 
The production area ... 


 
Joy with her friend Josie ...
 
 
You could fill a bucket of PEZ from this candy buffet - it was $4.99 for the bucket.


 
Steph and Owen!

 
Josie and Hope!



 
After PEZ we went out to the Olive Garden for lunch ... it was so nice to hang out with Steph and her kiddos, we don't get to see them nearly enough but we have been friends for a LOT of years ...
{about 14 I think?}  
 

 
Then after we parted ways my girls and I stopped on the way home at IKEA! They had fun looking at all the home décor ... especially since Hope is working on changing her room décor right now.

 
By the time we got home we basically just had a little time to change clothes and then headed out for Hope's soccer practice. Joy and I walked laps for a while during the practice. We came home, got some dinner and then chilled out watching the movie Journey 2 together. After the girls went to bed Bob and I watched Survivor - our Wednesday night tradition!
 
Spring Break Day SIX:
 
My in laws wanted to have the girls come over for the day so they went off with Grandpa and Grandma and I had the day to myself ...
First stop was they went out for breakfast, then for a bike ride at a park we love on the ocean ...
 

 
Then they had an art lesson with Grandpa and painted these beautiful paintings. They made them for my bathroom and I can't wait to see them once they get framed and hung up!

 
I spent most of the day cleaning, painting and organizing. I'm on this kick right now where I have this mile long spring to-do list and I'm on a mission to get it done!
 
Spring Break Day SEVEN:
 
So that would be today and I didn't take ANY pictures today! But honestly today was mostly just a chill day ... at least compared to the rest of our week. My girls both had sleepovers planned for tonight, and I wanted to let them rest today. So they both slept in and kind of just hung out relaxing and watching TV for part of the morning which is something they really haven't had the chance to do much of this week. We went and picked up our groceries and I dropped a whole load of stuff off at Goodwill ...  then I continued on my painting mission today while the girls did their own things. Hope was busy trying to declutter and organize her room to get it ready to paint soon. Joy played on the computer, colored and hung around. Definitely a very low-key day which I think was just what they needed.
 
And that brings us to tonight ... Joy is at a sleepover at our church with the rest of the 3rd-5th grade Awana girls. And Hope invited 2 friends to come sleep over here. They are watching movies, eating treats, painting nails and making silly videos while they dance around. =)
 
Bob and I just watched a good movie called Chasing Maverick and now I'm getting ready to head to bed ... it's been a GREAT week and we still have the weekend to enjoy before the girls head back to school.
 
have a great weekend friends!!
 
 
 

 

No comments: