Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Home Tour 2012

Welcome to our home!
 
Things are certainly Christmasy around here and I'd love to show you around.
We have a small home, and if I had to define my 'holiday style' I'd say it's a little bit country, a little bit whimsical and a little bit sparkly. I do not have one of those super fancy homes where all my decor matches and I'm just fine with that! A lot of my decor is all about snow, snowmen, sleds, and stuff like that.
 
{and I apologize in advance for my photos, I had the hardest time getting good
 one with the lighting I had to work with.}
 
Here is our living room:
We have a real tree {which I LOVE!}
The basket on the floor is full of Christmas books we read throughout the season.
 

 
We made some paper snowflakes for the windows and they look SO pretty!

 
Heading out of the living room and into the dining room you'll pass our fireplace...


 
I am just slightly addicted to this white pompom garland this year!

 
In the kitchen, I have this baker's rack ...

 
And across the kitchen windows you'll find these berry garlands with photos of my girls.
They have made me new ones every single year since they were babies and it's so fun to see
the pictures of them growing up! {too fast I might add!}

 
The kitchen wall is a chalkboard wall, so I copied this idea from Pinterest
and I love it, it's so cheerful!

 
On my kitchen table is this large basket, it's filled with old Mason jars
that have Epsom salts in them, then small votive holders sitting on top with cinnamon candles.
 Those are some real pine branches from the woods behind our house.

 
On the kitchen counter is my Hot Cocoa Bar ...
gotta have these essentials on hand for the holiday season!

 
And finally, in the bathroom I have 2 shelves and they are filled with more snowmen,
more nativities and a few other things.


Thank you for visiting my home!
Have a Merry Christmas and please visit the Nesting Place and
Kelly's Korner for more holiday home tours!


2 comments:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

Beautiful!!! I never realized your fireplace could move! Lol :)

MPH said...

Thank you for the tour and for the idea. There is now a Christmas home tour on my blog too! ~MPH