Monday, April 9, 2012

Fitness Challenge and How I notebook

I am SO, super excited today! I was telling my hubby and my friend Julie that I am sick of doing this yo-yo thing with regards to my weight and health. I try hard for a week or so, then fall off the wagon. It's a constant battle for me. But I am tired of doing that and I'm ready for a change. I want THIS year to be the year where I feel CONFIDENT and COMFORTABLE at the beach instead of being annoyed at myself for not trying harder {which is how I usually feel!}

So, why am I excited? Well just today I asked on FB if any of my local friends wanted to form an accountability group to get fit for summer and several people are going to join me - THEN I checked the blog Women Living Well and SHE is doing a 5 week challenge so this is HUGE confirmation to me to just JUMP RIGHT IN with two feet and DO IT!

This week, Courtney told us to choose one area that we would work on this week. Whether it's giving up junk, drinking more water, exercising more, etc. Well for me, I usually eat pretty healthy, but I do my best when I'm writing down EVERY.SINGLE.THING. that I eat.

A few weeks back I created this fitness and nutrition journal and I notice that I can tell which days I was really eating bad - because those are the days I wrote NOTHING down! So my commitment this week is to write it ALL down, the good, the bad, the ugly - hopefully it will all be good and I won't have to be ashamed of anything I've eaten this week!

Now, here's a little sneak peek at my journal ....
I took a basic composition book and cut out various pictures and phrases from Health magazines - then I stuck them on the journal and used packing tape to sort of laminate the cover.


The inside cover also has some inspirational pics ...

 I chose this verse for inspiration and posted it in the front cover along
with my weight and measurements ...


This is a typical day...


And I like to include little things to encourage me and spur me on ...


On the back cover, another inspirational verse and a few guidelines for myself:


Think you wanna join in? Click over to Courtney's blog and check it out! And if you live locally to me and want to be part of our accountability group please contact me and I'll include you in our FB group. =)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kathy, I really like your nutrition notebook. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Hummm... first I said I didn't want to do that challenge but now you have me thinking...

Courtney (Women Living Well) said...

Wow! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your notebook!! That is great!! I am praying that God helps us all be more disciplined!!! Don't give up - this is the summer :)!!!
Lots of Love,
Courtney

Unknown said...

LOVE this!! thanks for sharing the idea! i have tried to keep a food record in the past and always failed. this may help me do it. thanks for new inspiration!