Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter - He is Risen!

I've been thinking about the big holiday coming up this weekend. Easter. Yep, you know the one, right? So just like Christmas, so many people have gotten SO far away from what Easter is really about.

Easter isn't about bunnies and eggs! It's about CHRIST! There would be NO Easter, without Christ!

Do we still have fun with Easter? Absolutely. My family and I still have fun dying hard boiled eggs, doing an egg hunt, going on a scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets, etc.

But we also focus on Jesus Christ and the awesome gift He gave when He died on the cross for us. We attend church {and not just on Easter and Christmas!}, we sometimes do Resurrection Rolls {which show the empty tomb}, we spend time in our school days talking about the days leading up to the cross and we make it the focus of Easter.

I hope and pray that each and every one of you would know Christ as your Savior, He died for YOU, for ME, for every single person who ever lived. If you have questions about this, please ask! I'm not an expert in Bible theology, but I will certainly try to answer the best I can.

Here is a link to Kelly's Korner, she has a beautiful post today about what Easter means to her with some links to helpful Bible verses.

In the next few days I pray that you will draw closer to God and thank Him for giving the gift of His Son. And maybe take your family to church this Easter if it's not something you normally do.


Have a wonderful, blessed Easter my friends!

No comments: