Is it normal that I’m more exhausted in the summer time than the regular school year?! Hahaha … just goes to show there has been a whole lotta fun goin’ on around here and this Mama is plain wiped out!
On Saturday my girl came home from camp!! WOOT WOOT! I missed her SO much last week! We also had friends visiting from Virginia – Julie is one of my dearest friends and we LOVE seeing them. They stopped by for a quick overnight stay on their way back home from NH. Her girls are about the same ages as mine and they always have a blast together! We grilled out, had a campfire, lit off some fireworks and all stayed up way too late – but it was so fun and so worth it!
On Sunday my only agenda was church, then naps for everyone since we were all pretty overtired -but at church our friends invited us over so we spent the afternoon and evening with them. We swam in their pool, we had a cookout, lit off MORE fireworks and stayed up too late AGAIN! {heeheehee} Sadly, I was a bad girl and didn’t take any pictures. :(
Monday our plans changed because we were supposed to spend it with my in laws, but there was a medical emergency in our family so they could not be home {more on that later}. So some other friends asked us to come over, and lucky for us, they have a pool TOO! It was another fun filled day with swimming, BBQing, hanging out with friends and just relaxing. My brother in law, sister in law and their boys also came – so my silly hubby and his brother had a little competition going with their CRAZY pool jumps! I was nervous that someone would get hurt but no one did. {That’s my hubby mid-air in the photo!} We came home and watched the Boston Pops fireworks on TV with the girls and then I crawled into bed {late again} totally exhausted.
Tuesday was my ‘catch up’ day – I have lots of work and planning to take care of for our church’s VBS program so I spent most of the day doing that. The girls played, relaxed and watched some TV. Later in the day around 3 I finished up my stuff and we went swimming in our pool until dinner time, then snuggled up to watch movies in the evening – does it surprise anyone that I could barely keep my eyes open for the second movie??!! {again, no picture that day}
Wednesday is the day we get together with friends! We had a bunch of friends come here to swim and it’s a good thing we have a pool since it was a HOT one! We DO have a big pool, but I got this little kiddy pool because there were a couple of little ones and I figured it would be easier for them – and of course the BIG kids loved playing in it too! So silly! We had lunch, swam, played, etc until everyone went home around 4pm. When hubby got home we packed up a picnic supper and headed to a local beach where we grilled out, enjoyed the ocean breeze, took lots of fun photos and enjoyed the sunset. Then, on our way home we stopped at the casino to watch the free fireworks show that they do every Wednesday night in the summer. It was another busy and fun day.
On Thursday we packed up our stuff and headed to a friend’s house. They live on this gorgeous little lake and we got to spend the day there having fun with them. We ate lunch at their house, then headed to the lakefront where the kids swam, caught fish, jumped off the floating dock, and snorkeled around in the water searching for fish. After the lake, we had a yummy snack back at their house {Cindy makes THE BEST popcorn and Mango Green Tea EVER!} … then we headed for home. Thursday nights I have deemed ‘scrapbook night’ for the summer and I leave it as an open invite for anyone who wants to come scrap with me each Thursday night. My Mom came last night and she came a little early to join us for dinner which was nice. A friend named Maria also came to scrap with us.
{I’ve included the photo below just so you know that I AM taking part in all this summer fun too, I’m just RARELY in the photos since I’m always behind the camera lens - but I assure you, I’m here!}
And that brings us to Friday again … the girls are off to my Mother in law’s house for the day, hubby is at work and I have been doing a bunch of little things. Ran some errands, stopped at church to do some VBS stuff, and am just getting some stuff done around the house today. {Can you see the toad in this pic? I saw him outside and even though the girls aren’t home, I KNEW they would want to see a pic of him – he was right near my kitchen door when I came home from errands.}
All this busy, busy, busy may have me exhausted, but it’s been such a fun summer already! I can sleep in September, right?! ;)
PS. Just wanted to throw out a quick prayer request – my husband’s Grandpa isn’t doing well. He has a cancerous mass on his brain and has been having trouble seizuring last weekend. They did surgery yesterday to determine what stage his cancer is and try to alleviate some of the pressure on his brain and only time will tell if the surgery was helpful or not. The surgery/mass might also affect his speech and memory. Bob’s Grandma JUST passed away in November and his Grandpa has never really been the same since. His health was in jeopardy even before his wife died, but it seems as though he’s sort of giving up his will to live now. Would you pray for his Grandpa? His name is Bob, just like my Bob. Thank you!
1 comment:
Hi Kathy ... I can't believe you are only in week 3 of summer. We just finished our 7th week. Sounds like you had a nice relaxing week, though I was sorry to read about your husband's grandfather. I will definitely keep him in my prayers.
Post a Comment