Friday, July 1, 2011

Summer ‘ 11 ~ Week 2!

It’s been another fun and busy week around here! Sadly I wasn’t as good with taking pictures every day, but if you’re interested, here’s what we’ve been up to …

On Saturday the girls, my Mom and I did some yard-saling. The girl’s piano/music teacher had a HUGE yard sale and we found lots of great things there {not everything is pictured}. Then I feel like we were just all over the place that day, too much to write about but in the midst of our running around we did hit Cows & Cones, one of our fave farm, fresh ice cream places. So we checked that one off our list!

IMG_1866

On Sunday we drove up to New Hampshire to take my oldest daughter to summer camp. She had been so super excited and confident about it until the night before we were to leave when she burst into tears crying ‘what if I miss you too much?!’ … it nearly did me in! Thankfully once we got there and got her all settled in on Sunday she saw a girl she knows from our church and hooked up with her and was happily swimming in the lake when we said goodbye {with a huge lump in my throat!}.

IMG_1867-1

We spent Sunday night and Monday night up there in NH at a hotel. We figured we were making the long drive up there, we might as well stay a couple nights. We also brought Joy’s friend with us so that she would have someone to hang out with since her sis would be at camp. On Monday it was a gorgeous day and we explored some beautiful rivers, waterfalls and a short hike through the woods. Then the girls swam in the hotel pool for HOURS!

 IMG_1957-1

Tuesday we drove home. No picture – sorry! We came home and did unpacking and laundry. The minute we pulled into our driveway my youngest burst into tears saying she missed her sister! It broke my heart! At that point I was also missing my girl SO much and felt like if I didn’t hold it together I’d be in tears too!

Wednesday is our day to play with friends so we headed to a friend’s house and all the kids swam and played for hours. It’s always nice to hang with my friends and have lunch and talk. After that Joy and I went to the library, then home for dinner. That night we ‘camped’ out in our living room – we set up mattresses and watched movies we had borrowed from the library. We slept out there all night.

IMG_1971-1

Thursday I decided was my day to focus all my time and attention on Joy. She’s been lonely this week and I wanted to keep her busy and also enjoy the time with just her. We headed out to our fave used book store ~~ The Book Barn, then went to Micheal’s where we got some crafty things for her and I to do together, and a bunch of stuff I needed for VBS crafts. Then we got a sweet drink at Panera and headed home for a late lunch. In the afternoon we swam in the pool and just relaxed. She LOVES it when I go IN the pool with her instead of sitting out and just watching. I forgot to take any pics this day as well! That evening when Daddy came home he took her out for a special Daddy/Daughter date to go see Cars 2 at the theater.

And that brings me to Friday – today! Joy is spending the day with Grandma and Grandpa today and I have lots of stuff to do. I’ll be cleaning my house and working on VBS stuff and craft show stuff. Sometimes it’s nice to have a quiet house to get things done!

My girl is coming home tomorrow and I simply CANNOT wait! I have missed her so much this week! The house is just way too quiet with only one kid here! I have really enjoyed the special time I’ve had with Joy this week … she’s been a wonderful companion to keep me busy and keep my mind off missing Hope. I wonder what I would do if they both went to camp, I’d be so sad and lonely!

And so that ends week two of our summer vacation. Hope you and your families are also having a great summer so far!

1 comment:

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

OOOh, glad the base is still intact! I thought the whole thing had shattered but that is definitely useable for something still!