Sunday, July 10, 2011

MYO Caramel Macchiato!

{MYO = Make Your Own}

I LOOOOOVE sweet, creamy coffee drinks. But I don’t love the price tag, or the huge amount of calories. So lately this is my fave ‘afternoon delight’ that I’ve been making right from the comfort of my own home.

The cast of characters:

*Iced coffee tumbler

*Ice

*Green Mountain Coffee – brew over ice – Nantucket Blend

*Torani Sugar Free Caramel Syrup

*Coffee Mate Italian Sweet Cream Creamer {my FAVE flavor!}

*Reddi Whip

IMG_2211

These little brew over ice k-cups from Green Mountain are fabulous! They brew stronger than the regular k-cups so even though the ice sort of waters it down it won’t taste watered down at all.

IMG_2212

Fill your tumbler to the top with ice, brew your coffee over it…

IMG_2213

Add your creamer and caramel syrup to taste …

IMG_2214

Add a little {or a LOT!} of whip on top …

IMG_2215

ENJOY!!!

 

With my creamer and whip this is about 100 calories … it’s a perfect summer afternoon pick me up! It’s got a nice strong coffee taste with just the perfect blend of sweet and creaminess – JUST LIKE my fave Caramel Macchiato from Starbucks!

3 comments:

Charissa said...

oh, I would SO love a keurig!!!!! :)

Mary said...

Those are my fav drinks from Starbucks too but I like them hot. Do you think this would taste the same if I did it hot?

Ashlee said...

This looks delicious!