Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

* we had a fabulous vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC last week - I have lots of great photos to post when I get some time.

* I'm having trouble getting back to routines after being away! I'm ever so happy to be home but it's so hard to get back to focusing on homeschooling after such a long break. Plus, the weather is finally improving here and all I can think about is summer and being outside and the last thing I want to do is focus and finish our school year!

* I am loving all things coconut flavored lately! I enjoyed a couple pina coladas on vacation, I've been drinking my Island Coconut coffee and I tried the Starbucks Mocha Coconut Frappucino while I was away. What is it about coconut that is just SO good and yummy??!! I'm trying to figure out how to make my own mocha coconut at home but tried a couple things yesterday that were total fails. So if you have a good recipe that tastes like the real thing but is healthier PLEASE share!

* my gardens are starting to look good! It rained pretty much every day we were away and my gardens are all starting to look great. The flowers and bushes and such are really blooming now and the veggies I planted are starting to push through the soil too. I hope I can keep up with it all this summer because I love gardens and growing my own stuff!

* we have about 20 more lessons in our school year. I'm hoping we can finish up by June 17th. We're going to try to push through and get it done.

* I'm so excited for summer. I can't wait to just relax on the deck and read books while the girls swim ALL.DAY.LONG. I need to start figuring out which books I want to read this summer. I have been reading a lot lately and really enjoying the relaxation it brings me.

* that's all I can think of for now ... I hope to have something a little more exciting to share the next time I blog - LOL =)

Have a great Thursday friends!!!

2 comments:

Cass said...

Glad you had such a great time!!

Our flowers (my tulips!!!) are coming up too and Sam has planted the garden with already started veggies and herbs so it's looking hopeful and green and spring-y around here too. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Try blending in a tablespoon or two of coconut creme...delish!! I will be making tropical smoothies tomorrow with that decadent stuff in honor of the summer kick-off! Thank you Lord for sunshine, swimming pools and tropical drinks!
~Cindy