Thursday, May 26, 2011

Pillow Makeover!

One of my goals for this summer is to have a very colorful deck area. We have a brown deck and grey furniture out there and I just felt like it needed a big punch of color. I’ve seen some GORGEOUS deck, porch and patio pictures online lately and even though mine won’t turn out to be magazine-worthy I knew I could make some small changes.

One thing I decided was to re-cover some pillows and use them outside. I didn’t use outdoor fabric so I will have to bring them in each night – but I often sit on my swing outside to read a book or have my quiet time and figured some cute pillows would provide color AND comfort!

Here is my stack of before pillows…

IMG_0969

I started out with this ‘beauty’ – actually I have two of them. I’ve had these pillows since I was 14 years old – FOURTEEN people!! The dusty rose color has GOT TO GO!

IMG_0970

And I turned them into these cuties! The only sewing needed was sewing the fabric into a big tube – then I simply tied the ends closed {candy wrapper style} with some matching ribbon …

IMG_0971 IMG_0972 IMG_0973

Then I tackled these … as you can see our puppy thought they were her personal chew toy. And yes I covered them once before with the floral fabric but it doesn’t match in my house anymore.

IMG_0974 IMG_0975

These were the other ones I covered – I also have two of these.

IMG_0976

And voila! Here they are …

IMG_0977 IMG_0978 IMG_0979 IMG_0980 IMG_0981

Not perfect by any means – but I now have 6 {new} bright, cheerful pillows to use on the deck this summer. I love how they turned out! I am loving the blue/green color combo lately!

I have a few more small projects I’ve been working on for the deck area – I’ll share them soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pillows look great! I'm wishing I had an ounce of your creativity and skill to decorate.

Kelly

Mary said...

I love the colors too! I especially love how each pillow has its own unique frill or flower! Clever monkey you!!

Susan said...

Beautiful redo of those old pillows! the rosette is so cute with the button on the middle. Love the ruffle, too. Thanks so much for sharing!

Popping over from Tatertots & Jello!