But today I need your advice!! The pic below is the way my front living room windows looked prior to last night when I started painting ...
I am planning to get/make new curtains. Here's my dilemma - I HATE covering up the windows with the blinds + curtains - I love having lots of natural light coming in during the day.
However, at night I like having the privacy of closing up the blinds.
So, when I do new curtains how should I do them? Should I stick with 4 panels, one between each window, should I just do one on each side of the large window as a whole? Should I do a valance across the top and long panels on the sides? Should I leave the blinds down and just have curtains that pull closed at night?
I need some IDEAS!! In the next pic you will see how the window looks uncovered, I love it all open like that!
The other 'issue' I have is that the blinds are 3 separate sections ... so I always felt like I needed the curtains between every set of blinds because they sort of cover up the edges of the mini blinds - does that make sense?
So, if this were YOUR living room ... what would YOU do? How do you make it look great, take advantage of all the natural light AND still have privacy at night??
6 comments:
I like the idea of having your windows one open section. I would do just curtains that you can pull closed at night. It would keep it more open and seeming like one large, bright window. Then you don't have blinds to dust either.
My parents have a similar bank of windows in their house and they just have a valence and drapes that don't close. That way when the blinds are up it just looks like drapes and at night the blinds are down, but it's not too busy.
I say ditch the blinds! I hate them because they just seem to catch a lot of dust. Find some heavier light blocking curtains and hang 1 to each side. When they are closed at night it is totally private and when you want them open you have lots of light! :)
I agree with Bethany. Skip the blinds and hang sheer curtains on either side of the windows. Pull them shut at night....enjoy the beautiful windows in the daytime. Those windows are too pretty to cover up.
I wasn't sure what I thought until I got to the pictures of the windows without any covering. Gorgeous!!!
I think that blinds (and curtains between the windows) tend to break up the space and make it seem smaller. I LOVE the expanse from the three together.
So I would vote for no blinds, and curtains on each side that you can pull shut... with the lightest weight fabric possible for you to feel comfortable with the privacy level at night.
What a beautiful window!! I am a light kind of girl, but I do like my privacy at night, too, so I know what you mean.
Have you thought about bamboo blinds that can be raised/lowered? They are so pretty! And you could put a set of 2 decorative panels on each side of the window if you wanted that look.
Post a Comment