Sooo, yesterday I had a yard sale. It was sort of a last minute thing.
See I have this thought process, bear with me as I try to explain my logic! We will be starting our new homeschool year in just over a week. I like to be organized, but I'll be honest, my life gets busy and many times organization just falls to the wayside.
So for some reason I feel like our homeschool days and routines go soooo much better when my home is in order. Make sense? Because I'm the type of person that gets easily distracted by a project. If I get an idea in my head like 'hmmm, I think that couch should be moved over there', or 'I think I'd like to paint that closet'. I will dwell on that thought until it gets done. That makes focusing my time and attention on school stuff that much harder.
Still following me? OK, moving on. So we live in a fairly small house and it just becomes much too cluttered for my liking. And as I was getting things prepared for our school year I was coming up with more and more and more 'junk' that we needed to clear out of here.
I knew most of it didn't have much value, after all, junk is junk, right? But I also figured it was worth a try to sell it before dumping it at the Goodwill.
In comes the YARD SALE idea. I decided we'd do 'EVERYTHING'S A DOLLAR' - just to keep it simple. One thing I hate about hosting a yard sale is debating with people over the cost of things. Making everything the same price was so much easier! We also decided to do a bake sale. After all, when you're out yard saling for the day you could use a little treat and a cold drink, right? So we made cupcakes and brownies and had a cooler full of soda and water.
Now I know you're dying to know how things turned out .... well, we made a whopping $22!!! haha ... I've never made so little at a yard sale, ever! But it was a good day, beautiful weather and we met some really nice people who stopped by. And it was a good experience for the girls who were my helpers throughout the day.
As soon we decided to close up shop we loaded everything that was left into boxes and into the back of my truck. It completely FILLED my whole SUV! We drove it all down to the Goodwill and dropped it off. So, even though I didn't make much money, it feels SOOOOOO good to have all that stuff GONE from my house!
And now, with a clutter free, organized home, I am finally ready to begin a new school year with my daughters!
1 comment:
hahahaha, awwww, friend! so i guess my mom and i were two of your best customers! but hey, money is money! glad you had a good time and did a little de-cluttering to boot. :)
Post a Comment